Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-27-2007 11:12:47

solaris

My Breadcrumb Trail is Failing

I would post a link for you to view the failing bread crumbs but this is happing on my non-public development server. Instead I will describe the senario.

I Click on the "Products" category which is in my top level. I then end up with the following:

Now I click on the "Solutions" category from within the "Products" category. I then end up with the following:

Now I click on the "Small Office" category from withing the "Solutions" category. I then end up with the following:
Location: Store Home  > Products  > Solutions  > Small Office

I now click the "Solutions" link from the breadcrumb and end up back where I expect:

Now this is where things start to go wrong.
I will now click the "Virtual Systems" category from within the solutions category and I end up with a messed up bread cumb showing the following:
Location: Store Home  > Products  > Solutions  > Small Office  > Solutions  > Virtual Systems

Insteaed it should be showing
Location: Store Home  > Products  > Solutions > Virtual Systems

It gets crazier to if I keep going back and forth. e.g.
Location: Store Home  > Products  > Solutions  > Small Office  > Solutions  > Small Office  > Solutions  > Small Office  > Solutions  > Virtual Systems

Are there any others out there experiencing this and does anyone have a fix?

Thanks,
Solaris

#2 11-28-2007 05:11:31

scottc
Website

Re: My Breadcrumb Trail is Failing

I have also had similair problems with the breadcrumb. But it is very inconsistant. See below:

http://www.ddashop.com/images/breadcrumb_issue.jpg

You can see from the image that the breadcumb appears to have gone a bit mad! My structure for this page is as follows:

Home>Other Products>Speed Bumps>Speed Bumps Build Your Own, which should be displayed in the breadcrumb as that. It seems like the breadcrumb is picking up on the histroy somehow. As for this instance i have visited the pages show in the breadcrumb prior to going into the above page.

Also a very strange thing happened. I copied the url for the above page. (from FireFox browser), opened explorer and pasted the link. I got the above page but with the breadcrumb showing this:

http://www.ddashop.com/images/breadcrumb_issue2.jpg

The above page is not even within the "induction Loop" section and i am not sure i have visited that page in explorer before.

It would be interesting to get everybodies thoughts and further examples to find out if their is a glitch with CCP or if it is settings on my machine.

Regards

Scott

#3 12-03-2007 10:34:40

scottc
Website

Just a follow up. Does anybody have any ideas with this one??

#4 12-03-2007 11:30:49

Perkster
Website

Its probably a cookie or session issue.  I too have noticed these things so I just followed the wiki and removed them totally

Mike Perks
Linux CD Shop - /shop for Linux distributions

ReviewLinux.Com - Linux OS News & Review Site

#5 12-03-2007 11:52:40

m0rningstarr
Website

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?  I have EXACTLY the same problem as described above, the breadcrumb trail keeps every place visited.  I do not want to remove the breadcrumb trail.  You can go to my site wwwspecializedsupplies.com , click on ink and toner finder, then click on brother, then choose a category, then back up one level and choose another brother category and you will see exactly what the problem is.
Thank you,
Dawn
Specialized Supplies

#6 12-03-2007 12:19:22

Perkster
Website

Yes I see what you mean.  Do not know what to suggest.  I tried refreshing screen and so on with no luck.  It also screws up the recemtly viewed items menu block too, As links do not go to correct area.

Had it worked for you before?
Was this sudden and did you change anything?

Mike Perks
Linux CD Shop - /shop for Linux distributions

ReviewLinux.Com - Linux OS News & Review Site

#7 12-03-2007 12:44:38

slydog

Mine does not do that.

The difference being that I have Main Categories --> Subcategories --> Products --> and product detail

I do not have Main Categories --> Subcategories --> Subcategories --> Products

So perhaps this problem has something to do with Subcategories of Subcategories.

#8 12-03-2007 13:22:38

scottc
Website

I have: Main Categories --> Subcategories --> Subcategories --> Products etc.  so it is possible it could be to do with this.

I have not done a comprehensive test, but i do not seem to have the problem with areas on the site that are layed out as Main Categories --> Subcategories --> Products etc.

Any thoughts/comments from the Moderators would be appreciated.

Regards

Scott

#9 12-03-2007 15:27:33

m0rningstarr
Website

I've just gotten started so I guess you would call it an original bug.  I've done some testing and it is only happening with Categories --> Subcategories --> Subcategories --> Products etc.  The items which have only 1 sub category work fine.  Nice catch. Thanks! 

Can anyone make any suggestions as to where to look to try and fix this?
Thanks again,
Dawn

#10 12-03-2007 15:37:44

m0rningstarr
Website

Strike that last note.  If you go to wwwspecializedsupplies.com and check office supplies, you will see Categories --> Subcategories --> Subcategories --> Products etc and it is working fine. Only difference I see is there are products in the first subcategory of the office supplies where there are none in the brother category.
I'm going to check data now, I'll let you know what I find.
Thanks again.

#11 12-12-2007 14:39:24

scottc
Website

It would be really useful if Nick or Howard could offer their thoughts on this one, there is clearly a problem with the breadcrumb script.

It would be good to hear if they acknowledge the problem and then we can work on what to do with it.

Thanks

Scott

#12 12-12-2007 15:41:49

solaris

I haven't had the time to look into fixing the issue yet. I was really hoping someone with programming experience would have fixed the bug by now since it seems to affect all users.

Like I said before I haven't had much time so I haven't even looked at the code yet but I can tell you that the breadcrumb trail relies on values being stored in a users session. Hopefully I will have time in the near future to look into this (doubtful) or someone else can resolve the issue.

#13 12-12-2007 16:11:44

solaris

Incase anyone wants to debug this one. The breadcrumb method is located at:

khxc_private/apps/ccp0/CCP/CCP.php
"function breadcrumbs" around line 845

There is a great possibility there is nothing wrong with that code, rather the code that is calling the breadcrumb method.

$ find ./khxc_private -type f -exec grep -l "breadcrumb" {} /dev/null \;
./khxc_private/core/KHXC/includes/menubreadcrumbs.php
./khxc_private/core/KHXC/install/data_khxc_incphp_0.xml
./khxc_private/core/KHXC_BackEnd/ext/menus.php
./khxc_private/core/KHXC_BackEnd/install/data_khxc_namespaces_0.xml
./khxc_private/apps/ccp0/CCP/includes/breadcrumbs.php
./khxc_private/apps/ccp0/CCP/includes/cartdisplay.php
./khxc_private/apps/ccp0/CCP/install/data_khxc_incphp_0.xml
./khxc_private/apps/ccp0/CCP/CCP.php
./khxc_private/apps/ccp0/CCP_Cat/CCP_Cat.php
./khxc_private/apps/ccp0/CCP_Prod/CCP_Prod.php

#14 12-12-2007 16:29:51

solaris

Well,

I really don't have much more time to look into this.

You may want to start debugging by grabbing the current breadcrumbs printing them to the screen.
$breads      = $this->globals('khxc_session.' . $app . '.breadcrumbs');

Good luck! I really hope someone has the time/knowledge/and patients to fix this bug.

#15 07-01-2008 16:31:51

Blazen

Having recently bought ClickCartPro I can't believe that this bug still exists, it's terrible. Does the team behind this cart not issues bug fixes!?!

#16 07-06-2008 05:38:25

121NetDesign

Has been any issue for quite a while.

Perhaps this thread may help you

https://forum.kryptronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=20079

Last edited by 121NetDesign (07-06-2008 05:41:06)

Tommy Lee

Board footer