Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 06-06-2008 06:54:29

e-tradecounter
Website

Product Options

We have been testing a few different back office systems and have settled on CCP as the way forward but I'd like to share my thoughts on one area of improvement that I think would improve the product - namely the way Manage Product Options, Manage Product Option Selection Items and Manage Online Store Products work together.

The way I see it at the moment is that if you have a Product Option called 'Output' you link the Product Option Selection Items directly to it inputting the price variances as you go, then link the Product Option to the Store Product.  My problem is that I have various Store Products that need the Product Option called 'Output' but either don't need all of the Product Option Selection Items that have been previously attached or if they do the Price Change Information is different - the only way round this is for me to create variances of the Product Option Selection Items and Product Options. Example below of my delimer..

Store Product - PLX - £50.00
Product Option - PLX - Output
Product Option Selection Item - PLX500 - 0.5kW - Variance £1.50
Product Option Selection Item - PLX750 - 0.75kW - Variance £2.00
Product Option Selection Item - PLX1500 - 1.5kW - Variance £2.50

Store Product - PLX-TI - £75.00
Product Option - PLX-TI - Output
Product Option Selection Item - PLX500TI - 0.5kW - Variance £1.75
Product Option Selection Item - PLX1500TI - 1.5kW - Variance £2.75

My thoughts about a solution based on what I've seen from other software is that Product Option table is separate from the Product Option Selection Item table and that the Store Product references them both but controls how the Product Option is displayed rather than it being set in Product Option.  The idea solution is that you create a master option table with all your perceived options, output, size, colour etc and then that Product Option table is just referenced when the Product Option Selection Items are created for the Online Store Products.  Basically the reliance on Product option is dropped from the Online Store Products and it references the Product Option Selection Items table instead.

Hope this all makes sense.....

Regards
Adam

#2 06-27-2008 19:04:57

RSW

Re: Product Options

the way this worked in another system I used is that you create the master table.
then per product you can either:
-create options for just the product
-link to one of the options from the master
- or copy one of the master options to the current product (allowing you to add or delete , as well as; edit details)

I found this to be a very powerful setup.

Board footer