Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 05-21-2008 09:36:26

paisleymrs

Add choice of payment options?

I currently have my site set up to accept credit cards and phone orders.
My merchants services provider says it can accept recurring payments.
How do I put that choice on my checkout page along with the option to pay in a lump sum?
Thank you in advance.
MR

#2 05-21-2008 09:43:36

rachaelseven
Website

Re: Add choice of payment options?

Recurring payments can only be set up at the product level.  For example, if you were selling a magazine subscription, the product could be set up to have an initial sign up charge and then a recurring monthly charge.  But it is not possible to set it up at the checkout where the customer can choose to pay all at once or break it into monthly payments.  That would require a very significant custom mod, if it could be done at all.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#3 05-21-2008 09:57:45

paisleymrs

OK, but can they choose to use recurring billing or a one time charge?

Or is it either recurring OR a one time fee....

OR do I have to set up two "buy it now" buttons, one with the recurring option and one with the one time charge?

Sorry for all of the ???s

Thanks again.

#4 05-21-2008 10:24:38

rachaelseven
Website

YOU can configure the product to have a one-time charge only, a recurring charge only, or both.  That is done in the product setup page.  The customer cannot make that choice.  In order to give the customer that choice, you would have to set up two different products, one with each payment configuration.  Also, be aware that CCP does not support recurring payments with all processors - there are a couple, but I don't recall which ones off the top of my head.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

Board footer