Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#26 04-24-2008 03:24:53

Jacko
Website

Re: Curious about other CCP websites

Hi BigDog, Hi everyone

Well here's my site which has only just gone live yesterday.

http://www.astralmoon.co.uk

I'm the same as some people on here in the fact that I am useless at php, html and xhtml. I have never done anything with shopping carts or ecommerce or in actual fact anything like this at all before. I have only got this far by the wonderful assistance of all you guys and girls. Most of your help has been anonymous as I have got my answers just by researching existing posts. So a big thank you to all of you regulars here and a big thank you for all the help I'm sure you will provide for me in the future.

I will post here and answer any questions that I can and will not stop coming here now that the site is live. You never know I might even be able to help someone. My site is live for some people who are local to us and have asked to look with a view to possibly purchasing from us. It still needs some work but this can be on going as we think of things to add or change. I think being able to look at some of these excellent sites does in fact help prospective purchasers and also helps to inspire us to develop and improve our own. Every site I have looked at through this forum is fantastic and individual. It just goes to show how great ccp is and how flexible it is. Also it shows how creative we all can be.

Keep up the good work guys and girls.

Steve

Steve Jackson

Astral Moon, for all your Pagan, Wiccan, New Age and Gothic needs.

#27 04-24-2008 07:13:14

paisleymrs

Very cool site Steve!
I do have some suggestions and questions about your products...
It is a small world!

Big Dog Its Working! You are bringing the world together... Can we get a group hug!
its early... I'm very silly when its early :}

MR

#28 04-24-2008 09:53:57

Jacko
Website

Hi MR,

Thanks for the kind words, it's much appreciated when you are a complete amateur. Hehehehe. Any questions or suggestions just post here or PM me. All suggestions, as long as they are physically possible and not rude, are more than welcome. Questions I will do my best to answer bearing in mind I'm not a programmer of any sorts, but I'll try.

Yep I'll second the group hug LOL, it's great to see so many sites and get some new ideas and encouragement.

Steve

Steve Jackson

Astral Moon, for all your Pagan, Wiccan, New Age and Gothic needs.

#29 04-24-2008 11:01:49

BigDog
Website

WoW! Starting to get some more activity on this thread. That is great! Glad to see more CCP sites going live. I know a lot of Blood, Sweat and Tears, (kind of sounds like a band doesn't it?) goes into creating an ecommerce site.  Maybe some more CCP webmasters will jump in and contribute.

I'm not too much on group hugs but I will give a big nod of the head and thumbs up to everyone.  wink

BigDog..

#30 04-24-2008 11:18:00

paisleymrs

AWWWW come on gimme a hug :{

Just kidding... whoof!

Big Dog... Do you incorporate any SEO or Ad words into your site? Has that helped or hurt your sales?
I have found that sometimes, my client's sites get more business by word of mouth or traditional advertising sometimes?
Anyone?
Thanks

#31 04-24-2008 11:35:38

thedot
Website

We're currently looking at switching to 6.0, but here's our site, currently on 5.1

http://www.thecoffeesite.com

#32 04-24-2008 16:30:56

BigDog
Website

Hello paisleymrs. I have used a separate SEO software package to evaluate my site and it makes recommendations. i.e. keyword ratio and such.
I am currently doing a Google Adwords campaign. Getting hits but no sales, no comments, no feedback from visitors. I have SEO turned on in CCP 6.

Sent out postal letters to eveyone my wife and I know across the U.S.
whoof, whoof.  I like that.  lol

Hello thedot. I love the color combos you are using. All those shades of brown complement perfectly with the graphics. Fantastic!

I wonder if any CCP users exchange links with other sites that would complement their site? Maybe this forum needs an area where webmasters could list their site as "willing to consider" swapping links with appropriate sites that match their needs.  Just hope no one would get upset if they get turned down as a candidate for "link swapping".   Ooooohhh!  Just like Homer Simpson.  drool, drool.. donuts....     "link swapping"   ooooohhhh..   tongue

Just a thought..  hmm

BigDog..

Last edited by BigDog (04-24-2008 16:31:28)

#33 04-29-2008 04:16:53

Panmanjon
Website

HI Big Dog

Hum - I just mess arounf with CCP sites at the moment - trying to develop several themes

wwwwel.biz is a good one and under development - the supermarket and on line take away categories are getting there - both pose interesting problems which I am slowly getting through Food deliveries, collect from the shop, delivery times etc etc)

wwwwel.info is a bbok shop development example and again has problems to vbe solved, for example the very long descriptions on the Hanoch Teller books need to be sorted, he also wants to put his audio tapes and videos put up for sale, so I need to see how to include aufio and video clips for potential customers to check out

wwwoneshopart.com is also under development and has its own unique problems to do with world wide shipping costs and the inclusion of various options for each product

It is interesting that all these sites are ethnically based so advertising etc is much easier than trying to get into a general public environment - having said that I do think that marketing and getting recognised - especially in search engine environments is a BIG MUST HAVE and it would be nice to see how this can be achieved without spending millions

wwwdirectsandals.com is simple, not a load of products, good and works great but this customer refuses to go to CCP6 (its a CCP5.1 UK version)

www4trimmings.com is totally maintained by the customer, he also refuses to migrate to CCP6 (we put in a wholesale and seo mod - if you don't login than you can't see the prices - had loads of problems getting this implemented and unfortunately the site marketing is not so good - what it has provided is a great engine for his customers to see what is on offer and in stock - I trained my customer to use excel and he does quite well)

I think that if I was able to get wwwdirectsandals.com to look exactly the same in CCP6 I could maybe convince the customer to fork out some cash and take the plunge.

In general, especially with supermarket type sites I feel that the goods incoming and stock control aspects would need serious work because we would now need to include the till systems as part of the set up, front end updating of including new products (can be more than 20 in any day) would also need looking at, especially with deliveries every day from different suppliers

I am not a freat expert but find that this forum is great and I must put in a +++++ for Dave from CCP because he always answers our queries with the patience a lot of us could benifit by following and he knows his stuff outside in as well as inside out.

Ar 59 I don't do so bad and am willing to learn more - I suppose if my wishes were granted it would be nice to set up a local development environment so we can get server side parts working making skin design easier preferably using dreamweaver - I am about to set up a windows and linux server (different computers) and have them as serving a local network so may be this will be the start of serring up a more realistic development environment - not sure how to tackle the licensing issues thaough and I alwaus buy a new license for new shop ideas.

All the above mentioned sites are hosted on my shared hosting package with bounceweb (I actually have about 20 sites live includding all CCP sites) and have found them to be great and really good on the support side. I am about to try and develop the wwwwel.biz site to include hosting with automatic set up once paymeny has been received on line - I will include simple to the more complicated hosting packages so that will be an interesting exercise as well.  The cost to me for the shared hosting package of $25/month is very good as well.

Well, I have rambled on a bit so suppose I should get back to earning some money

Paul

#34 04-29-2008 04:57:41

Dave

Panmanjon wrote:

I suppose if my wishes were granted it would be nice to set up a local development environment so we can get server side parts working making skin design easier preferably using dreamweaver - I am about to set up a windows and linux server (different computers) and have them as serving a local network so may be this will be the start of serring up a more realistic development environment - not sure how to tackle the licensing issues thaough and I alwaus buy a new license for new shop ideas.

For a local environment look at LAMP (for Linux) and XAMP or WAMP (for Windows).  They are both easily installed and will allow you to run a local copy of CCP for development purposes (or more than one if desired).  For a CCP development license you may write to support@kryptronic.com.

Before I started working for Kryptronic I had a handful of development licenses that I used to develop customer sites which allowed me to do all of the design and testing "off-line" before getting close to a live domain.  I still have those plus a lot more now (about 15 instances of CCP locally for various purposes).

#35 05-15-2008 04:48:19

Panmanjon
Website

Hi Dave - seems that big dog dosn't actually follow his own posts - pity because I spent some time replying - never mind -

on the development front I have now set up a new separate pc with UBUNTU - I know very little about it but have managed to get ftp, mySQL, php and apache working so can develop off line php sites. I would like to do some work on my CCP 6 sites as well but from what you say I need developers licenses so could we start with wel.biz please? do I need to email you the key? what do I do once I have a developers license please? I have already copied the site on to the local server - should I use the install script - any pointers please? - thanks - Paul

#36 05-15-2008 04:51:25

Dave

You need to write to support@kryptronic.com and ask for a development key.  Once you have the key you simply run the installer on your local machine just as if you were doing it on a live site.  Obviously the domain name you use locally can not be a "real" domain or DNS name resolution will end up trying to go to the real domain instead of your local machine.

#37 05-15-2008 06:57:55

BigDog
Website

I am still here. Didn't have anything to say Paul. Sorry.  sad

#38 05-16-2008 05:50:07

Panmanjon
Website

Thanks Dave - wrote 24 hrs ago so waiting for a reply
Thanks Big Dog - just thought you would have a comment to say like my sites are absolutely out of this world

I am just about to set up a local environment development system (one PC running UBUNTU with mySQL Apache and PHP etc) and the other with Dreamweaver CS3) to develop a mall with various shops (using a different license for each shop) and with an international basis like people in Paris can buy gifts from a local shop in New York - there have been a few queries about how to do this will CCP6 so watch this space smile

Paul

#39 06-23-2008 01:06:34

zanart

Hi Pooh

I got a error when entering your webiste(flash player 9). I think it is somthing to do with your amazon widget.

Error #2044: Unhandled IOErrorEvent:. text=Error #2124: Loaded file is an unknown type.

Don't know if this is my set up or your website.

Also on your home page you have an error - see yellow icon in bottom left of IE7.

Very nice colour scheme and layout.

Rob

Rob

#40 06-23-2008 01:20:38

Steveb9990

zanart wrote:

Hi Pooh

I got a error when entering your webiste(flash player 9). I think it is somthing to do with your amazon widget.

Error #2044: Unhandled IOErrorEvent:. text=Error #2124: Loaded file is an unknown type.

Don't know if this is my set up or your website.

Also on your home page you have an error - see yellow icon in bottom left of IE7.

Very nice colour scheme and layout.

Rob

That's strange... Everything was hunky-dory for me???

Cheers,

Steve

#41 06-23-2008 01:37:44

zanart

I have just tried it on a different machine and it was fine as well. Must be my computer.

Rob

#42 06-23-2008 06:52:42

Steveb9990

Time for an upgrade? wink

Cheers,

Steve

#43 06-23-2008 07:20:57

zanart

Brand new - brought 2 weeks ago. Just installed Adobe CS3!!

Blame it on the manufacturers!!

Rob

#44 06-27-2008 06:03:31

west4
Website

Hi,

Nearly ready to go live at wwwwest4.info all feedback good or bad gratefully received.

Cheers,
Bruce.

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal labotomy.

#45 06-27-2008 06:45:00

BigDog
Website

Hey Bruce.

Your site looks great. I am viewing at 1280x800. Graphics are bright  cool  and crisp.  Pages load quickly. Everything I tried seem to work fine. Colors combos are easy to view and easy to read.  wink

Now, bring on the customers! smile

BigDog..

#46 06-27-2008 07:01:40

west4
Website

Hey BigDog,

Thanks for the feedback, CCP6 steep learning curve lol.

Like your site too, simple and easy to navigate, found an error in your image for SPU00108NA - Hand-carved bone feather pendant, it appears squashed. check the size dude.

ANYONE ELSE....

Cheers,
Bruce.

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal labotomy.

#47 06-27-2008 08:42:52

BigDog
Website

Yeah, that image has always been like that because the item is wide and because CCP has a setting for product images as:

Image Width: Small Product Images

that is set to 100, all my images are 100 pixels wide. But, since that product is very wide it doesn't look good at 100.

I changed that 100 setting to 0 so the image will be the actual size of pixels that I want (212). Now that product looks okay.
I thought all my other products would look bad but since I make all my small product images 100 pixels wide as a saved jpg file,
the other products didn't change. Lucked out.

I had just accepted the squashed image as fact and didn't think there was anything I could do without messing up other stuff.
Thanks Bruce for prodding me into trying something.
Just goes to show you that all feedback is good.

Now, do you have any advice on how I might get someone to purchase one of my items?
If you want, you can email me if you have any suggestions.

BigDog..

#48 07-05-2008 17:07:54

sushisushi
Website

Hi I've been developing this site

wwwsushisushi.co.uk/store

I have a more basic store at

wwwsushisushi.co.uk

I want all the articles and article structure from the old site bringing across to the new one but haven't worked out how to link them or make new article pages. I like the wordpress section on greenapplebaby so might give that a try. also, my sites ccp store is in a folder called "store" on my server so when you go to wwwsushisushi.co.uk directly the new site doesn't come up. How do you sort that?

Anyway theres a few questions for ya. I built the site using a modified zipskin, opinions, good or bad would be appreciated.

Cheers wink

Buy sushi making ingredients, sushi party kits and Japanese food at wwwsushisushi.co.uk

#49 07-06-2008 07:52:12

BigDog
Website

Hey Sushi, site looks good. Loads in two seconds after coming across the pond. Pretty good! The top sushi graphic is clear, clean and great. Makes me want to order something to eat.

I didn't know sushi was eaten in the U.K. Okay, so what do I know.
I thought it was more tea, scones, bangers and mash and maybe shepherd's pie. Wash it all down with a Guinness.

The company address at the bottom of the page is almost invisible with the light white lettering.

Use some more of those great food pictures and you should get some good sales.

I like wasabi but oh, the vapors go up my nose and you can't stop the burn. It is great. Just like Chinese mustard. Phew!

BigDog..

#50 07-17-2008 10:59:23

sushisushi
Website

thanks, the site is really coming on now click the link at the bottom to see.

Has anyone else a good site to show off? It's great for inspiration!

Stu

Buy sushi making ingredients, sushi party kits and Japanese food at wwwsushisushi.co.uk

Board footer