Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-19-2007 04:11:32

slydog

Change orders?

Umm.. I just did a test order and went to see the order management area. I thought we were going to be able to edit orders, change shipping amounts, etc. in CCP6?

The only fields I see that can be changed are delivery status and delivery address.

Am I missing something? How do we do change orders in CCP6?

#2 01-19-2007 09:35:42

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Change orders?

That functionality was not planned or implemented in CCP6.  It is planned for a future advanced order management module.  Currently you can change shipping status, enter comments, cancel orders, print invoices and summary info and enter shipper tracking numbers.

Nick Hendler

#3 01-19-2007 15:35:11

slydog

Ack! That is a very important function. Some of us use "Authorize" -- and the order changes after the initial sale. Some things may not be in stock (drop ship goods), shipping changes, etc. We should be able to change the entire order -- add other items in place of something not in stock, customer changes mind on one item, etc.

#4 04-01-2008 09:20:46

MenFly2
Website

webmaster wrote:

That functionality was not planned or implemented in CCP6.  It is planned for a future advanced order management module.  Currently you can change shipping status, enter comments, cancel orders, print invoices and summary info and enter shipper tracking numbers.

Any word on the Management Module that will allow administrators to edit orders including product selections, quantities and shipping?

Apparel honoring women's achievments in aviation.
http://WomenFly.com
The Women Fly Resource Center. Information about women aviators.
http://WomenAviators.org

#5 04-07-2008 21:37:55

MenFly2
Website

Is there a way out of the Catch 22 of the way CCP handles invoices and accounting? Is there the remotest hope for a mod that will allow us to edit an invoice or a mod that will download product and customer info to Quickbooks or some other accounting program?

Currently, if you use the CCP invoice and the Quickbooks download feature you must jump through several hoops if the order changes after it has been submitted.

Let's say a customer buys two shirts and a hat and submits the order through CCP. After the order is submitted we discover that one of the shirts is not in stock. The invoice produced by CCP is wrong and uneditible. The information that CCP downloads to Quickbooks is inaccurate and we must create an invoice in Quickbooks and make journal entries if we download the original info. This is not as streamlined as I wish it could be.

What I would like is:
1. The ability to edit CCP invoices.
2. Improved integration with Quickbooks, MYOB AccountEdge, or Peach Tree that includes product information for inventory control, customer info, and invoices,
3. A simple way to create a shipping label for US Mail or integration with my UPS Account.
4. Batch processing of invoices.

Currently, we need to key in the customer info and the order info into our accounting program and again key in the customer info into our UPS account. The customer has already keyed this info, I shouldn't have to do it again and again!

Please understand, I am not complaining. I really like this program. It is rock solid. I would just like to know if what I am asking for is possible as a standard upgrade, add on module or custom script.

Respectfully,

George

#6 04-17-2008 11:06:31

MenFly2
Website

Bump
Any comments, tips or workarounds would be appreciated.

George

#7 04-17-2008 14:33:30

Perkster
Website

I'll bump you too..  When is the "future advanced order management module" coming ????

Mike Perks
Linux CD Shop - /shop for Linux distributions

ReviewLinux.Com - Linux OS News & Review Site

#8 04-17-2008 22:53:24

larry

I put in my 2 cents, since I've been dreaming of a solution for years for small business. 

What most small businesses need is an integrated web store into their accounting package.  Asking Kryptronic  who has developed what is basically an order entry system to now provide a full accounting package seems backwards.  We should be asking the Accounting package providers to provide web access to their order management function.   Those "invoices" that are part of CCP are not really "invoices", they are "orders".  Orders are pending until they are changed and / or billed out, at which time they become invoices.  Those changes / invoices should happen in the accounting package, with some sort of "upload" of the final invoice to the web site for customer access.

As you know, modifying orders can be quite complicated.  Its not just updating the information on the order in CCP.  How does one then handle the difference in billing?  There would have to be integration with credit card processing for charges and refunds, not to mention other billing methods.   In our case, that billing happens manually and a revised invoice is sent to the customer from our accounting package.

NetSuite has a pretty cool accounting package that is online w/ a web store interface. It is the closest software package I've seen to date that provides all the functionality needed.  Ironically, MYOB Accounting uses NetSuite to manage their business!  Does that tell us anything?    Unfortunately it is still too expensive for us "small business" folks.  The other problem that I see is that the entire database is hosted by NetSuite.  I have a real problem with letting someone else handle my financial data.   In any event, NetSuite is just one example.  There are others, but none come close.

For now, piecing an order management / accounting / shipping system together is our only alternative.   There are ways to automate some of it, but much of it is specific to each individual business and how that business is conducted.  It definitely requires a programmer with some knowledge of MySql, php, scripting, and accounting package import/export functions.  On the shipping side, UPS and FedEx both have reps that will work with you to automate your processes.  But again, you'll most likely need a programmer or be willing to sit down and do it yourself.

I've designed business systems for 20+ years for both large corporations and small, and now my own business.  Integration is the key - but it MUST be customized to the specific requirements of that business to be successful.   

There are ways to extract orders from CCP and import them into an accounting package.  I've done so with MYOB, but again, it is specific to our business.   Invoicing is done manually, but I'm working on a way to "attach" a PDF invoice generated from our accounting package to the CCP order online so that the customer can see both the original CCP order and the modified invoice for future reference.

I think I've rambled enough.  Hopefully, I've made a little sense.

Laurie Stephens

#9 04-18-2008 12:23:21

Perkster
Website

Great points Laurie.  Yes for an advanced business with all forms of other software I suppose outside integration would be great.  But I can see with a small one store business the need to have the ability to redo the existing invoices which BTW is what they are called in CCP6 (Invoices)

Everything else is already built into CCP6.  The ability to resend and invoice stands ready to use.. smile

Anyhow I only BUMPED this message as the developer of CCP6 did mention many months ago that an advanced order system was possibly going to be developed..

Mike Perks
Linux CD Shop - /shop for Linux distributions

ReviewLinux.Com - Linux OS News & Review Site

#10 04-19-2008 14:10:54

alphabet

This is a huge issue for me, as well. I am considering converting my current cart to CCP (now using Miva which sucks for the customer but is so flexible on the backend). I am wondering if the CCP Peachtree export generates a sales order or sales invoice. The Wiki doc doesn't say specifically but it looks to me like a sales order. If that is the case, I can import it into Peachtree and then ship only what I have in stock. Any backorders remain open for a future shipment.

- Sarah

#11 04-19-2008 16:07:47

alphabet

I should add that I don't yet own CCP - if I did, I would just do the export and try it out. This is the number one key issue for me and I hope to get the answer before purchasing.

- Sarah

Board footer