Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-03-2008 13:04:09

BigDog
Website

Buying traffic

Has anyone had any experience with the websites that will sell/direct selected/qualified traffic to your website?

#2 04-07-2008 12:44:26

cyberws

Re: Buying traffic

We have tested several sources that sale traffic, however our experience has always been poor quality hits.  Yours maybe different but I wouldn't expected much.

Jeremy O

Production CCP .:. Version 6 w/QuickBuy and many in house hacks
Skills: PHP & Perl programming, Solaris & Linux server administration, Oracle OCP training and MySQL experience

#3 04-07-2008 16:50:24

BigDog
Website

That is kind of what I thought. I did try "Quality Traffic Supply".   Bogus!  Tried their minimum of 5000 qualified, unique, actual real person visitors.

Well, it only took about 7 days to get 5000 so called visitors.

Out of that 5000 visitors here are the results:

1).  Not a single sale.
2).  Not a single Contact through our information request address.
3).  Not a single Feedback about my website though the online Feedback form on the splash/landing page.
4).  Not a single phone call though our business phone.

I am now trying the Google Adword Ads, pay-per-click program. At least I get to manage the keywords and the cost-per-click.  Will try that for a while and see what kind of results I get.

Anyone else had experience with buying traffic thought other websites?  Sure would like to hear something from other CCP site owners about how to generate qualified traffic and hopefully sales.

BigDog..    wink

#4 04-07-2008 18:34:57

cyberws

Yeah that was our experience.  Nothing.  It is suspect if the hits are really people anyway.   Good luck.

Jeremy O

Production CCP .:. Version 6 w/QuickBuy and many in house hacks
Skills: PHP & Perl programming, Solaris & Linux server administration, Oracle OCP training and MySQL experience

#5 04-13-2008 18:35:41

BigDog
Website

I am trying Google AdWords (PPC) now. Hope this does better. 

Anyone have any suggestions on what else I might try to increase traffic to my site?  Kind of hard to get sales without visitors/traffic.

#6 04-13-2008 21:18:38

celdirect

Get good at SEO yourself

Dont pay people for it they rob you big time

then you don't need to pay for ad's

and all your visitors are for FREE

#7 04-14-2008 07:42:40

BigDog
Website

Thanks for the comment Charlier. I have and am using a SEO software package to tweak my site and research similar sites for how they are set up.
Currently I am using Google AdWords since I have a coupon for some free PPC from my hosting service. At least that way it doesn't cost me to at least check it out.

Have a nice day and stop by the pub and have a pint. big_smile
I like bangers and mash with a pint of Strongbow.

BigDog..

#8 04-14-2008 16:32:17

celdirect

Hi

One tip for adwords I did for myself and found it helpful - was to great a affilate account on my own site and use the code in the link on adwords to track google sales and then entered the sales for each day and the cost of the ad's to see what i was making. 

I don't use them now as it does not make me any money - stopped paying for any ad's in September 07  - but its taken about 2 yrs to get to that stage.

#9 04-15-2008 11:31:59

BigDog
Website

I am running two different Google ads. One has a special discount code till April 30.  If anyone uses that discount code, I know it came from my second Google ad. Should help me track which wording makes a better ad.

Board footer