Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-11-2007 00:35:19

Shopper

Posted again: Can't solve problem with digital download

When I order a digital download the download file is not copied to the public directory and the access information is not sent!

I've read probably all posts regarding downloads but could not find a solution to this problem.
The installation of the store was a fresh installation with the latest version of ccp6 after the last update was published and there were no problems during the installation process.

The files for download are in the folder khxc_private/downloads/ outside of the webdirectory for the store and the permission is set to 777.
The public folder is within the webdirectory of the store in khxc/downloads/ and the permission is also set to 777.
Files in both folders are shown in the admin area under 'Manage Download Files' and username and password for the public folder are also shown on this page.

The delivery method of the product is set to 'Not Shipped (Service/Download/Other)'.
When I make a normal order with credit card through PayPal the order confirmations to the customer and to the shop owner are sent, the order is marked as completed and on the email it says that the access information for the digital download will be sent with another email.

But this email is not sent and I don't find a possibility to send it manually.
And the file for download is not copied to the public folder.

Where can I set the time the download is kept in the public folder?

Any help is appreciated very much because without a solution to this problem I can't use the store.

#2 11-11-2007 01:28:23

slydog

Re: Posted again: Can't solve problem with digital download

Never tried mine before for downloads. So I set an image up as downloadable.. created new test product as download.. went through checkout as check payment.. got the confirm emails saying download link will come after processing.. since it was check payment I went to update the test order and set it as complete.. it did not automatically send another email, but when I selected "Send Customer Mail Confirmation Message" in post-order updates CCP emailed a new confirmation WITH the download link.. and i downloaded it ok.

If you are doing PayPal or Credit Card with the order being fully processed, I should think it would happen automatically. Anyway, try post-order update and "Send Customer Mail Confirmation Message" just to see what happens (if you haven't tried that already).

Note: When I browsed for a file and uploaded the file from the product setup page, it ends up in my Private Download Directory. Not until after I marked the order complete and sent the customer confirmation through post-order updates did a copy of the file with a new large prefix on the name show up in the public directory.

I found the download storage time here - Location: Home > Kryptronic Hybrid X Core > Settings: Application Settings Menu > Cron Settings

Looks like default is 'one day' since I never changed mine.

Last edited by slydog (11-11-2007 02:05:02)

#3 11-11-2007 08:58:14

Shopper

Thanks, I will go through these steps in the way you described.
The post-order update I tried also but the same order confirmation was sent with no link.
I let you know the result.

#4 11-12-2007 09:37:27

Shopper

I added a new downloadable product but this even wasn't recognized as downloadable.
It seems there is something broken which can't be fixed so easily. I will make a new installation because the shop is not yet online.

#5 11-12-2007 12:17:28

cyberws

While this won't help with CCP itself we run downloads by linking to membership system API that is contacted through CCP's custom.php in the Orders directory.  The membership system uses Apache's mod_auth_mysql module for speed and scalability.

Jeremy O

Production CCP .:. Version 6 w/QuickBuy and many in house hacks
Skills: PHP & Perl programming, Solaris & Linux server administration, Oracle OCP training and MySQL experience

#6 12-10-2008 18:43:44

kgillespie
Website

The digital download item i have for purchaseing setup is rather large at 400MB and it has been uploaded to the khxc-private/downloads/ folder but when it gets ordered and approved the file is then duplicated into the public cart/download automatically which then bursts my allowed storage. Since 400mb is then on there twice and if you do a second or third order it does it again and crashes the storage to be maxed out etc.. what or how do you deal with something like this? Maybe i can just have them get to one file and let that be the file for digital download for everyone which is supplied via email with a link in it. Need this to be simple and easy for customer and can't keep crashing the server due to size issues.

#7 12-10-2008 19:22:40

dh783
Website

With a file that large you don't want it downloaded thru ccp since it would probably time out. You should create an installer that ccp would handle as the downloaded product which then would install the file on the customers computer.

John

#8 12-10-2008 20:19:43

kgillespie
Website

What do you mean by create an installer? Would that be a smaller file that is locked with instructions on how to download with a password etc... I do not know how to create  an installer per say.

#9 12-11-2008 11:31:41

west4
Website

Hi All,

Well the simple non programming way might be to set up a private FTP or web folder with password protection to the folder and your file in there, then mail your customers the password and link to the site as they pay for the download. So you would need just one file on your server and you could change the password often so they don't share it about. Possibly making the password usable only once or twice, or something like that.....mmmmm....

Cheers,
Bruce.

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal labotomy.

Board footer