Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-18-2007 21:00:27

cryogenicz

IP address in the browser

My customers are worried about security, with thier IP address in the browser and so on.

I was curious if it was possible to take that out?

-Graham

#2 04-26-2007 12:58:01

cryogenicz

Re: IP address in the browser

There are more and more reasons why I will be switching shopping carts.   This is one of the main reasons.

I feel VERY ripped off.

-Graham

#3 04-26-2007 17:56:50

Dave

Update to Zume (V6) which uses an entirely different way of keeping track of customers.  But, in the FWIW category, everyone's IP address is available to the public all of the time so there really isn't any security concern to worry about.

#4 05-24-2007 15:10:39

cryogenicz

No way, im paying Kryptronic any more money than I already have. I am going to be switching carts.

#5 05-26-2007 00:27:51

carasmo
Website

I got rid of IP address in the browser, at least for most links, by changing the elements,

for example, my new "ste_prodsm_default" links, instead of:

Code:

(CGIVAR)common_url(/CGIVAR)&pg=prod&ref=(CGIVAR)product_id_encoded(/CGIVAR)&cat=(CGIVAR)category_id_encoded(/CGIVAR)&catstr=(CGIVAR)catstring_encoded(/CGIVAR)

I put

Code:

http://www.meherashaw.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?&pg=prod&ref=(CGIVAR)product_id_encoded(/CGIVAR)&cat=(CGIVAR)category_id_encoded(/CGIVAR)&catstr=(CGIVAR)catstring_encoded(/CGIVAR)

You'll note I changed all the & to & to make it more valid too. So far it's validating on most of the pages.

Now the links on the category product display (I'm changing the other cat displays as i have time), instead of all that user related stuff (which I won't get rid of on the cart pages) reads:

Code:

http://www.meherashaw.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?&pg=prod&ref=MK014&cat=mk-raj-collection&catstr=HOME:mk-raj-collection

Then I used an htaccess that I found on the old forum to make seo friendly links to the main sections of the sites and categories, as well as products with a site map that I made from the products.csv file.

htacess code

Code:

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on

RewriteRule ^boutique/([^/]*)/([^/]*)/?$  /cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?pg=$1&ref=$2 [L]
#
# For Categories (with Breadcrumbs)
# www.yourdomain.com/boutique/cat/130
#
# For Products (without Breadcrumbs)
# www.yourdomain.com/boutique/prod/30209
#

RewriteRule ^boutique/([^/]*)/([^/]*)/([^/]*)/([^/]*)/?$  /cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?pg=$2&ref=$4&catstr=$1:$3 [L]
#
# For Sub-Categories (with Breadcrumbs)
# www.yourdomain.com/boutique/HOME/cat/130/13001
#

RewriteRule ^boutique/([^/]*)/([^/]*)/([^/]*)/([^/]*)/([^/]*)/?$  /cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?pg=$2&ref=$5&catstr=$1:$3:$4 [L]
#
# For Products (with Breadcrumbs)
# www.yourdomain.com/cp-app/HOME/prod/130/13001/30209
#

#6 05-26-2007 00:29:45

carasmo
Website

I did this because I want to add delicious and other bookmark links on the page and I don't want them bookmarking their user data, so as to confuse the cart later on.

Board footer