Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-15-2005 12:05:37

cybermed
Website

Wysiwyg Editing

Not sure if this was covered but having a WYSIWYG Editing feature for additional client pages, like, the privacy page, etc is great. Sort of like a mini CMS. If you can have the capability of also adding new pages on the fly that would be wonderful.

#2 03-22-2005 17:59:50

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Wysiwyg Editing

We're looking at integrating the HTMLAREA JS editor into the new core.

Nick Hendler

#3 05-01-2006 11:21:33

cybermed
Website

Nick,   Was this feature ever added?

#4 07-24-2006 20:39:34

superhero2000
Website

VQC Designs is excited to announce the release of the first cross-browser compatible  WYIWYSG editor.

This powerful and feature rich WYSIWYG editor enables you to edit and format content without any knowledge of HTML.  This module replaces existing textarea fields and provides you with a friendly, easy to use editing tool.  This module is great for users who want to be able to format product description or pages using HTML easily and quickly in the Clickcart admin. The editor has multiple browser support for Mozilla, MSIE, FireFox, Opera and Safari.  This is NOT your typical run of the mill WYSIWYG editor. 

To learn more, please visit 

Vinh
VQC Designs, LLC

#5 07-26-2006 16:13:59

Todd
Website

webmaster,03/22/2005 05:59:50 PM wrote:

We're looking at integrating the HTMLAREA JS editor into the new core.

Instead of using HTMLarea which has poor browser support outside of IE, I recommend .  It works in all popular browsers and is better than the former in my opinion.

there's more than one way to...

#6 08-02-2006 12:42:03

CityWebSystems.com
Website

Todd,07/26/2006 04:13:59 PM wrote:

Instead of using HTMLarea which has poor browser support outside of IE, I recommend .  It works in all popular browsers and is better than the former in my opinion.

Here, here! I agree that HTML area is lacking in the area of cross-browser compatibility. Worse than that, it does not always create markup which will validate. It seems to me that if the cart is going to be using the XHTML Strict Doctype and validate to boot, any WYSIWYG editor included should create valid markup and styling that does not break the validation. I know  and the  integrated TinyMCE into Wordpress 2.0 and it has few, if any validation issues out of the box.

My $0.02

#7 08-02-2006 14:19:58

Todd
Website

TinyMCE looks good too.  I haven't seen that one before, but if they use it in WordPress I know it must be good. Thanks for the tip!

there's more than one way to...

#8 08-03-2006 17:37:13

steveblueradio
Website

I would have to agree with Todd, i've had a fair few problems with HTMLAREA JS in Firefox and internet explorer, but  TinyMCE seems to do the job in both browsers

I'm Gene Hunt, Your DCI, And it's 1973, Nearly Dinner Time, I'm havin hoops........

Cheers,
Steve
-------------------

#9 08-03-2006 17:53:41

celdirect

HI Steve,

I tried HTMLAREA and i could not get it to work on ccp (main reason was I did not know where to but some of the code).

I have downloaded TinyMCE is it hard to install it to work with ccp?

Cheers
Charlie

#10 01-09-2007 22:49:08

Perkster
Website

Just to jump in too..  I use WysiwygPro from WysiwygPro.com.  I have a number of WordPress sites and use their WP plugin Mod.  Like was mentioned earlier I find one still needs to see the source before the final posting of an article as this htmlarea editor only validates to xhtml 1.0 transitional.

I also use the standalone version at a new test site for Gadgets,  dlgear.com/test and it always validates..

To be honest with you I purchased this editor because I like how it handles photos for uploading..  Too lazy to open my ftp client..

Also no issues with FireFox 2...

Cheers,

Last edited by Perkster (01-09-2007 22:51:01)

Mike Perks
Linux CD Shop - /shop for Linux distributions

ReviewLinux.Com - Linux OS News & Review Site

#11 01-10-2007 07:54:42

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I've got this on my list to look at for an update.  It didn't make it into the initial release due to time constraints.

Nick Hendler

#12 01-16-2007 17:36:02

tmmths
Website

I would have to agree that a WYSIWYG editor for additional user pages would be a HUGE plus.  I have clients (I would not be remiss if I said ALL of them) that know nothing about HTML and making it possible for them to add pages and update user pages with an editor would be a GREAT, GREAT, GREAT addition to this wonderful piece of software.

I found an xhtml strict editor at http://www.htmlarea.com/directory/Detailed/130.html called XStandard XHTML (Strict or 1.1) WYSIWYG Editor.  I have no idea how easy if this would be to integrate or if it is even a feaseable addition, but there you go.

Thanks again for all your work and support Nick.

Tim Mathes
MathesDesign

#13 01-16-2007 17:41:11

kiwimum
Website

If something like this gets implemented, could you please make it optional or able to turn off?  I'm a hard coder to the core and despise WYSIWYG editors.

Jessica
:: CCP5 > CCP6 > Magento > CCP7

#14 01-16-2007 21:15:53

webmaster
Administrator
Website

What areas would you guys like this? I can see this being easy to implement for all content fields that allow XHTML content (but not PHP content).  Those fields would include the product description, category description and form descriptions among others.  I cannot see implementing such a tool for shipping scripts, processor integrations, includes and HTML page content as they all allow PHP code and most have PHP in them.  Thoughts?

Nick Hendler

#15 01-17-2007 05:09:23

Dave

kiwimum wrote:

If something like this gets implemented, could you please make it optional or able to turn off?

I have to agree with this 100%.  Turning it off on a per user basis would be icing on the cake.

#16 01-17-2007 11:08:26

VGF
Website

webmaster wrote:

I can see this being easy to implement for all content fields that allow XHTML content (but not PHP content).

Agreed...with the ability to turn it off or on as stated by kiwimum.

Earl

Got the Game, Get the Toy!

#17 01-19-2007 15:43:42

tmmths
Website

I would say that having it in the description portions of the back end would be great.  As for the user (non system) HTML pages, it would be very helpful to have a WYSIWYG editor for the 'non coder' clients who will be end users of the cart to be able to make new pages for installation instructions, faq's, or whatever.  And I agree that a switch to turn the use on and off, maybe per section/field even, would be appropriate.

I know from using the JOOMLA CMS for a few sites, that one of the editors that is available for that product has a plugin so that scripts can be input into the editor and not be stripped.  A feature like that could allow PHP to be used in HTML pages if necessary.

I understand that hard core users of the cart/system may not think that this is necessarily a good idea/feature, but it would be welcomed by many a designer's clients.  Anything that will make the use of the system easier for a computer stupid client (who is paying real money!) will help sales in the long run (okay...off of my soap box).

Tim Mathes
MathesDesign

Board footer