Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-01-2006 14:56:29

mitymous

mySQL error on adding new item to cart

While trying to add a new item (electronic document for download) to the store this morning.
As usual, I used the previous issue as the model for what goes in each field.

When I submitted the new item, I received this error:
=======================================
Script Execution Error
The following error was just encountered:

DBD::mysql::db do failed: Column count doesn't match value count at
row 1 at /home/store.crossfit.com/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl
line 646. INSERT INTO product VALUES ('cfj050','CrossFit Journal Issue
50','cfj050','R','5.00','0.00','','','0.00','N','','Y','N','N','N','1000','N','1000','Y','cfj_image-050-full.jpg','cfj_image-050-200.jpg','cfj_image-050-100.jpg','ste_prdlg_default','','N','N','N','N','October
06','Go Light: Weight, Velocity, & Volume in Medicine Ball Training;
Parkour Basics Part 6: Underbar and Gate Vault; The Grinder-CrossFit
FRAGO #3,VICTORIA; Personal Equipment:The Good, the Bad, and the
Silly; Fit to Eat:Autumn Dinner; Bike Control Basics,Part 1: Static
Skills; Rowing Technique-Passing the Human Polygraph; Three Variations
of Dumbell lunges
','D','crossfit_journal_050.pdf','UPSWEBAPI','UPSWEBAPI','0.000','1.0','1.0','1.0','0','','','','','','','','','','','','','','***cfjbak')
====================

New items (same type) were added to the store about 2 weeks ago with no errors.  Nothing else has changed in the store or, as far as I know, with the server configuration since it was last used.  I've stepped through re-entering the data several times with the same result each time.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks,
Lynne Pitts
crossfit.com

#2 11-01-2006 15:55:57

caspuh

Re: mySQL error on adding new item to cart

Based off the error it sounds like before doing the product add it is doing a check of product counts compared to what it thinks should be there (in line 1) and is erroring out. Try to add a non-download product and see if you get the same error. This will let us know if the problem is global before doing any crazy troubleshooting. I have yet to switch over from .csv to sql myself, even thought the DB is up and connected. I'm still doing other tweaks.

#3 11-01-2006 18:39:00

mitymous

Thanks; tried to add a physical product and received the same database error.
Lynne

#4 11-01-2006 18:51:18

caspuh

OK... At least we know that it's the database now. I am by no means a DB God and I know how people get around here for giving "advice" on problems, so I won't make any crazy suggestions. If it were me I would backup what products I have into a .csv file (export it). Look at the data in Excel to make sure the fields are clean, recreate your database and then import the data again. To me it really sounds like you have a database check error and this warning is preventing it from adding to a DB that isn't the size it thinks it should be. That's my 2 cents and good luck. If you want more help I'll still answer quetions. :-)

#5 11-01-2006 19:19:08

mitymous

I appreciate the help; I've only recently inherited maintenance of this store and so have a lot to learn about its structure (and mySQL - I come from a M$/Access/ASP background).  I'll do some reading and digging and holler back. Many thanks!

#6 11-03-2006 22:44:05

dh783
Website

I looks like to me that it's trying to put more data into fields than there are colomn's to hold it.
You might want to look at this part of you data:

'Go Light: Weight, Velocity, & Volume in Medicine Ball Training;
Parkour Basics Part 6: Underbar and Gate Vault; The Grinder-CrossFit
FRAGO #3,VICTORIA; Personal Equipment:The Good, the Bad, and the
Silly; Fit to Eat:Autumn Dinner; Bike Control Basics,Part 1: Static
Skills; Rowing Technique-Passing the Human Polygraph; Three Variations
of Dumbell lunges
'
even thought it is between the single quote marks (') and should be treated as one entry the use of the comma's in there could make the program think that they are to be place into a data collomn and makeing the data longer than can be put into the database.

Just a thought.

John

#7 11-04-2006 07:06:42

mitymous

John,
Will take a look at that; there are 50 other items in the store configured the same way, so I'd like to think that wasn't the problem - but it's worth a shot.

Particularly since I purchased a support ticket 3 days ago and have yet to get any reply.  Anybody know how the heck you get support from the developers?

thanks,

Updated to note: tried reinserting the product description with no commas or semicolons; same error.

Last edited by mitymous (11-04-2006 07:58:36)

#8 11-08-2006 00:09:33

dh783
Website

Have you added any custom fields to your product datbase?

John

#9 11-10-2006 17:07:27

csherwood123

The problem is definitely in the data. Take caspuh's advice and export to csv and examine the data. I'm sure you have more data than columns.

Board footer