Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 10-17-2006 11:25:55

Mr. Pink
Website

I've had it with PayPal. What else is there?

Hi,

I've had too many problems with the PayPal checkout process. Too many customers were unable to complete their orders and check out through PayPal. It is well over 50% of customers. So, I'm done with PayPal and would like to know what else is there that is affordable.

I can't really afford a proper merchant account at this time because I do not sell sufficient volume, so I am looking into other options.

I am considering 2checkoout.com as one option, but I do not like the fact that a customer can't use their service to send me a direct payment, without having to go through my shopping cart (something that is possible with PayPal). I also don't like that my transactions would appear as 2checkout, on my customer's credit card statements.

I also don't know if 2checkouot is the best checkout option without a fully-blown merchant account.

Does anyone have experience with various checkout options?

Can anyone recommend the best solution?

Thank you in advance.

Mr. Pink

If I didn't have to waste my time on stupid things, such as doing my laundry, I would be a rich man.
If I were a rich man, I wouldn't have to waste my time on stupid things, such as doing my laundry.

#2 10-18-2006 08:04:14

theblade24
Website

Re: I've had it with PayPal. What else is there?

You might want to try .

Read about their "pay for play" account type. It is basically free.......a little higher discount rate altho it probably compares to paypals rate........and only a $9.95 per month gateway fee.

It would be a true merchant account for you to get started with for little or no money. You can then upgrade as I did to their other plans and lower discount rates as your business grows.

For now......it would be $9.95 a month even if you don't sell anything for a true merchant account to accept cards........and a virtual terminal to view your transactions and enter them as well if you need to do something outside of the ccp interface.

Check it out......just an idea. I started with it 3 years ago and now use their highest pro account.

CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1

#3 10-18-2006 13:35:18

Mr. Pink
Website

Thank you for the tip.

I did not receive any replies to this post right away, so I just decided to get a merchant account with authorize.net (I just faxed over the application a few minutes ago). It will cost me more, but at least it's a real merchant account.

I will keep in mind your suggestion, though, for another online store I am planning to start up in the near future. It sounds like a great startup solution.

Thank you...

If I didn't have to waste my time on stupid things, such as doing my laundry, I would be a rich man.
If I were a rich man, I wouldn't have to waste my time on stupid things, such as doing my laundry.

#4 10-18-2006 23:19:54

Todd
Website

If your going with Authorize.net, I recommend using the AIM solution.  Its very secure and seems to offer the best user experience.

there's more than one way to...

Board footer