Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 12-21-2004 11:53:11

carvin5string

Has Anyone Done This - Offer Free Samples

My client's web site is up and running now, and using CCP integrated into it. It's seems to be working great, of course it's only been one day so far. smile

He has made a request - he'd like to offer free samples and charge only for shipping. I figure I'd create a new product number for each and set the price at $0.00 so only shipping is charged. Would that be the correct way to do this?

Also, along with that, he'd asked How would I know who has already ordered a sample?  That one I'm not quite sure about since we're not using a database, so he can't do a database search for the shipping address.

Would this require some custom code be written? He might be willing to pay for it if the price is reasonable enough. He is starting on a shoe-string budget. (His first foray into a business of his own).

I'm open to any and all suggestions. 

#2 01-14-2005 13:34:43

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Has Anyone Done This - Offer Free Samples

He has made a request - he'd like to offer free samples and charge only for shipping. I figure I'd create a new product number for each and set the price at $0.00 so only shipping is charged. Would that be the correct way to do this?

Yes, that would be the best way.

Also, along with that, he'd asked How would I know who has already ordered a sample? That one I'm not quite sure about since we're not using a database, so he can't do a database search for the shipping address.

Would this require some custom code be written? He might be willing to pay for it if the price is reasonable enough. He is starting on a shoe-string budget. (His first foray into a business of his own).

He could do a search in his email box, or you could check the 'tracking' table against the 'trackitem' table.  Maybe run a Quickbooks or Peachtree report for him...

Nick Hendler

#3 09-25-2006 17:20:56

Todd
Website

Re: Has Anyone Done This - Offer Free Samples

Is it possible to use a variable for the price reduction in an option.

For instance, lets say I have 5 different products in my store.

They vary in price.  However, I also have samples of all my product too.

I want to create an option called Sample only.

It will be in the form of a single checkbox.  If the box is checked, I want to reduce the cost of said product by its full amount.

However, the amount is a variable depending on the product that is being viewed.

Instead of creating an option for each product to decrease the amount of cost for each product... I would like to decrease the amount by the currently viewed product price.

In the option, could I use a variable like {product_price} to subtract the amount of the product price that is sent to shopping cart.

That way I only need to create one option instead of one for every price in my store.

there's more than one way to...

Board footer