Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 09-13-2006 11:36:04

celdirect

I.p Address

Hi,

Just a quick question in regards to IP address.  As i had an order that had a billing and shipping address in the UK but the order could not be processed by Nochex as I think it did not like the IP address.

I have looked up the IP and its not in the UK.

I belive the person is ordering from outside the UK, or is it possible to be in the uk but  the IP is for a different country?

Or are IPs fixed so the only way that ip shows is if you are using a pc in that country?

hope this makes sense

cheers
CHarlie

#2 09-13-2006 12:01:49

Todd
Website

Re: I.p Address

If they went through a proxy server, they could be in the UK and yet the IP address show from another country.  They could also be surfing through TOR which is a distributed network of users that send requests through multiple machines to enhance privacy.  There are probably other ways that users could have a different IP address than their actual location.  However, all of these are not very common.

Some payment processors may incorporate IP address checking as a security feature since many stolen credit cards are used by people in other countries... most notably Russia.

there's more than one way to...

#3 09-13-2006 12:20:30

celdirect

Thanks Todd,

It looks like nochex will not process orders that have a non UK IP - I guess they do it for security.

I just can not tell if the order is ok or fraud.

cheers
Charlie

#4 09-14-2006 17:53:09

Todd
Website

What is the IP Address of the attempted order?

You can do a lookup for location at .

there's more than one way to...

#5 09-14-2006 18:05:17

celdirect

Hi,

tried your link but no info is avaiable for this ip - Also it won't show mine - its has show other order ips i entered in there.

customer did email to say they were having problems and tried again, but I have not heard from them since I said the problem could be because it looks like the IP addrees is from outside the Uk - they have given up or this is fraud.

update:

Found out IP was from nigeria

#6 10-12-2006 04:39:58

slick_uk

if you have a Nochex Merchant Account, ring up your account manager and check if you have international transactions enabled.

Seller Accounts can not accept overseas transactions, but it may be worth submitting the IP address to Nochex via the Nochex Esupport, with this info as above.

Board footer