Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-07-2005 15:20:20

uv3net

High Server Load

Hello!

I have WHM/cPanel, and most everyday i have a CPU usage of 50 to 100% and it's use by cp-app.cgi

What can i do to stop cp-app.cgi to take all my server cpu usage?

#2 02-07-2005 15:23:56

EagleWolf

Re: High Server Load

Make sure that you are running the cart using mysql, and that you have mysql tuned.

Chris
<a href='mailto:webmaster@equivity.com'>webmaster@equivity.com</a>
-

#3 02-07-2005 15:29:14

uv3net

EagleWolf,02/07/2005 03:23:56 PM wrote:

Make sure that you are running the cart using mysql, and that you have mysql tuned.

Yes I have convert my database to mysql but the cp-app.cgi still eat the cpu.

What do you mean by 'mysql tuned'?

thanks

#4 02-07-2005 15:50:57

Barous
Website

I have exactly the same problem  :-(

what is mysql tuned ???

Thank

#5 02-07-2005 18:17:47

cyberws

This suggestion will start generating a log of log errors, however you can run ccp under mod_perl.  We currently do this and there was a huge boost in speed and decrease in server load.  The one draw back is CCP wasn't designed to run under mod_perl so it generated a lot of log errors, depending on how you log errors.

You can setup Apache (or whatever) to not log as many errors if you want.  You will need to run CCP under PERLRUN mod_perl method instead of the full mod_perl.

Example Apache conf setup:

(Adjust for other web servers)

I don't know your server specs, but you might need a more power server.  Our low end Sun boxes handle loads better than most high end x86 boxes non 64-bit systems..  Better data paths and such.

Jeremy O

Production CCP .:. Version 6 w/QuickBuy and many in house hacks
Skills: PHP & Perl programming, Solaris & Linux server administration, Oracle OCP training and MySQL experience

#6 02-07-2005 18:22:01

EagleWolf

I mean is mysql optimized on the server?

Chris
<a href='mailto:webmaster@equivity.com'>webmaster@equivity.com</a>
-

#7 02-07-2005 18:45:48

cyberws

I should also add that MySQL isn't always faster.  In fact for certain tables it may be better to leave as CSV's.

Size is an issue.  When you pass a call to a database MySQL or whatever you are having to go through another engine.  In fact in my Oracle 8/8i OCP training we learned that a tiny database like a 1 MB or so is much faster at the flatfile level.

So you may actually want to bring some of your small tables out MySQL so you have less db engine calls (which would free up MySQL resources for invoice calls and such) and allow flatfile calls.

Why make calls to a table with 50 entries, for example?  We use a combine of both MySQL and CSV tables.

I would also run a program like top and watch it some to see what is really eating up your memory.  We have also noted on some of boxes Apache does a poor job of managing memory.  You may need to set Apache to kill clients faster and clear memory to help system performance.

Jeremy O

Production CCP .:. Version 6 w/QuickBuy and many in house hacks
Skills: PHP & Perl programming, Solaris & Linux server administration, Oracle OCP training and MySQL experience

#8 07-19-2006 23:23:36

kgillespie
Website

Barous,02/07/2005 01:50:57 PM wrote:

I have exactly the same problem  :-(

what is mysql tuned ???

Thank

I too am having a similiar problem. My host is saying I need to fix my ccp51 script/s:

My host emailed me with this:
This is to inform you that an account that is signed up under your reseller (ajpakz.com) was running a script that caused very high load on our server, and we had to stop the script.  The script can be found on the account at /var/www/cgi-bin/ccp51/cp-app.cgi.  We cannot allow a script that uses excessive resources to run.  Thank your for your attention to this matter.

(from me to my host) Customer comment (Sat Jul-15-2006 11:58):
Not sure why this script would be a problem. I have the same script running on two or three other domains. It is a simple cgi perl shopping cart and does not cause high load on the server. As a matter of fact the orders on the ajpakz.com site have only been two or three a month. Both the size and bandwidth for the site are well within the limits. I need to be able to use and run this software on the ajpakz.com site as well as others. If I need to move them to a new host who can or will allow them to function I will do that but prefer to keep things where they are and keep things runnnig smoothly as they have been for the past 4 years. Very confused on this error message from you and would like to know if it isn't a glitch in the system etc... please advise and be specific.

Host reply = Unfortunately I am not a programmer so I can not determine what exactly is wrong with the script but I do know that when someone is using it, the servers load is skyrocketing and we can not allow this script to operate.
Also it looks like it is old version from 2003.
Can you please try to upgrade it to newer version
--
I have not applied any updates since 2003 on my software which is currently ccp51 running version = Software Version/Build Information * KRYPTRONIC-CCP5102

So that leaves me scratching my head?

#9 07-20-2006 08:16:40

TerryA
Website

First, I would look at admin and see if you are running in csv mode or in the database mode.  Also, check your data, especially in the products table and see if you have any duplicates in the Product ID column.  If you have duplicates, it drives the server load up while the server is trying to figure out which record to display.

As for running a more recent version of the cart, I don't believe that there has been anything done to the code that would help a load situation since the major structural change going fro 5.101 to 5.102.  You might want to update just for some additional functionality and for security reasons.

If this can not be resolved on your present server, then go looking for a new host.  Start by looking at the partner hosts listed on this page.

#10 07-20-2006 12:17:51

kgillespie
Website

Thanks Terry-

I am not sure how to check if it is in either csv or database mode plus even if I know which it is I am not sure which one I should be using. I assume it is in the standard csv mode since that is how it was initially installed by someone at CCP. I did check the product ID's and out the 15 items I have they all are unique.

Board footer