Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 06-03-2006 04:04:50

noescape

Email Confirmations

Hey all, any suggestions on this. I'm not getting confirmation emails 90% of the time when a customer buys something on my business site. If i'm not getting confirmation, then neither are they which is the biggest issue. It seems to happen mainly on my custom payment option which is to pay by credit/debit card via the paypal system. Am i missing an option etc? Please help!

#2 06-04-2006 18:26:20

carasmo
Website

Re: Email Confirmations

I noticed this when the person using PayPal doesn't click the very last confirmation page to return to your site. You'll get the PayPal notice that a payment is made, but the email won't be sent to the buyer or you if they don't click that last confirmation page.

Has anyone else run accross this? The only thing I could think of is to manually send the confirmation email, but how to do that?

You can see the invoice, but it's marked as pending -- I think.

This was a while ago when I had my own store. Now I'm just designing other people's stores.

#3 06-07-2006 15:41:52

noescape

You can send an email manually by going to your orders in the admin section, and down at the bottom you have the option to send email to customer again!

This doesn't solve the problem though. Surely you guys have come across this before. I'm struggling to understand how a shopping cart as brilliant as this can have such a basic floor! This must have been mentioned before, surely?

Anyone!

#4 06-11-2006 12:27:08

noescape

Still anyone? big_smile

#5 07-10-2006 22:52:17

rachaelseven
Website

I think I've come up with a solution for this.  It requires a change to ste_olp.pl.  Edit the file and around line 2141, you'll find the following code:

Code:

print <<ENDOFTEXT;
<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="cmd" VALUE="_ext-enter">

<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="amount" VALUE="$tracking_total">

<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="redirect_cmd" VALUE="_xclick">

<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="return" VALUE="$common_url_form">

<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="cancel_return" VALUE="$common_url_form?payment_status=Cancel&item_number=$tracking_id">
ENDOFTEXT

Change the above to:

Code:

print <<ENDOFTEXT;
<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="cmd" VALUE="_ext-enter">

<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="amount" VALUE="$tracking_total">

<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="redirect_cmd" VALUE="_xclick">

<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="return" VALUE="$common_url_form?payment_status=Completed&item_number=$tracking_id">

<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="cancel_return" VALUE="$common_url_form?payment_status=Cancel&item_number=$tracking_id">
ENDOFTEXT

Then, go into your PayPal profile, under Website Payment Preferences, and set Auto Return to 'On'.  Put in your site's URL for the Return URL.  Now, the users will get automatically redirected back to your site after the payment and the problem should be avoided.  I've run a few test transactions with mine set up this way and it seems to work just fine, using the CCP standard PayPal checkout.  I can't say how it will (or won't) work with the custom payment option described in the original post.  And of course, back up everything and use this at your own risk - it hasn't been that extensively tested yet, so you are responsible.

Rachael

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

Board footer