Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-05-2005 15:25:41

laeth

Slow Loading Site.

Heya,

We just installed the script, but we are finding it rather sluggish. I have converted all the tables over to our MYSQL table, but still it seems to take forever to load.

Any idea why?

Thanks.

#2 01-05-2005 15:30:25

EagleWolf

Re: Slow Loading Site.

Things to check:

1) Image optimization
2) HTML coding of your skin
3) Server specs
4) Is mysql optimized?

Chris
<a href='mailto:webmaster@equivity.com'>webmaster@equivity.com</a>
-

#3 01-05-2005 15:39:51

laeth

- You mean the file size of the images right? I'll have a look.
- I think thats ok.
- I have never had a problem with anything else running on mysql, including other shopping carts so I dont think thats it.
- Do you mean optimizing all the tables inside the database? I did that quite recently, although not since I added the cart tables. I'll go do it again.

Thanks.

#4 01-05-2005 17:16:15

dtwg
Website

laeth,01/05/2005 03:25:41 PM wrote:

Heya,

We just installed the script, but we are finding it rather sluggish. I have converted all the tables over to our MYSQL table, but still it seems to take forever to load.

Any idea why?

Thanks.

I just had a look and it was really fast up until I tried to look at the "Emily the Strange Female T" product detail, then it stalled for a while and finally came up with a "photo not available". But it was screamin fast before that.

Have you tried a tracert from your local machine to the host? Mebbe the 'net is constipated from you to the server?

Nice site btw. Wish I was a better designer. Sigh.

Dave

#5 01-05-2005 17:45:09

laeth

Have I tried a what sorry? It seems to have improved a bit now, I dropped the image sizes and optimized my tables.

Thanks for the compliments, much appreciated.

#6 01-05-2005 18:06:15

dtwg
Website

Hi,

A traceroute is a common troubleshooting tool for network connectivity issues.

Assuming you're on a Windows machine, try this:

From a DOS prompt, type "tracert wwwgothware.net" and hit enter.

You should see the speeds packets are taking to reach the various routers along the route to your site's server. If you're seeing timeouts (asterisks) or it just hangs, you can see where the problem is. Not that you can necessarily do anything about it, but at least  it will tell you that it may not be the site that is slow.

Micro$oft has a page on tracert:

I'm sure there are googleable traceroute tools for other OS'es

HTH,

Dave

ps: Another try at browsing the site showed it was still reasonably fast. I like the "Step numbers" on checkout. Can you remind me where this mod came from? Thx!

#7 06-09-2006 14:29:28

joelee

Hi I have the same issue. I have converted my csv tables, but it's still slow. Please check :   
I am now thinking to hardcode my products.

Any way, does anyone know  if the ccp51 runs in mod_perl please?

#8 06-11-2006 04:55:07

joelee

sorry, I might miss some point in my previous question. I think if the application support mod_perl, then I will configure apache to recognize .cgi as mod_perl (as I used .cgi file in my system), and then it will improve the speed. However, if I configure it straight away,   I may need to concern some security issues, as the in_process of mod_perl will stay in mem once it loaded.     

Board footer