Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#51 10-11-2004 15:30:40

redmanstudios

Re: Creating Search Engine Friendly Pages

oh yea i already use this for all my customers. Mark said he was going to address the user pages to have a .html soon. I am just always looking for alternatives.

james

#52 11-18-2005 01:09:17

vbsaltydog
Website

For those that were asking about SEO optimization on Windows Servers and IIS vs. Apache,  there is a free Windows version of mod_rewrite for IIS at iismods.com

I don't know if it is compatible with the methods that are used in this thread but there is an IIS version just the same.

-vbsaltydog

Latest CCP 7 XMods Available:

#53 11-23-2005 02:55:01

vbsaltydog
Website

OK then...I am trying to get this to work using the ISAPI dll that iismods.com has that is supposed to work like mod_rewrite for *nix

You download a .dll and a .ini and place them in a folder on your web server. Then you go to IIS config and go to the properties of the particular web site and then to the ISAPI filters tab. You name the filter and point to the location of the .dll that you uploaded.
Next you simply write your Rewrites to the uploaded .ini file using a text editor.

sounds pretty easy huh? You bet it does but using this method and then adding the code from this thread to my .ini the same as *nix would do in your htaccess file and it should work but I am getting no love from ISAPI filter.

I think that there are probably syntax differences in the rewrite code from the two different methods but in the examples it seems to be the same to my eyes (not a programmer). If anyone can help me out and please go to wwwiismods.com and take a peek at how this code should be written into the .ini file vs. how it is written in the htaccess files and give me a hint as to how to get this thing running I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks to all,

-vbsaltydog

#54 11-23-2005 14:45:17

vbsaltydog
Website

OK. I got the rewrites working using ISAPI rewrite by Helicon Tech.
I used the same code that is posted in this thread but with a few minor syntax changes so that the ISAPI filter could process the directive. My only issue at this point is when the page goes to the proper rewritten URL, the cart shows up fine but my images do not show.

Please help.

-vbsaltydog

#55 11-29-2005 00:45:42

vbsaltydog
Website

Well, I decided that enough was enough when it comes to Windows/IIS not being able to use all of the coolest mods so I went ahead and built a Red Hat 9 Linux Server and loaded CCP in a name based virtual directory, changed over from csv to MySQL for my db solution and everything is working great.
I added a mod_rewrite rule from this thread to my .htaccess for categories and it links properly using the  link code from this thread but when it goes to  , the cart shows up properly but the images are not there. I figure it is probably due to the fact that the rewrite rule that I used has /ccp51/blah/blah/blah/ in it and my site goes stright to the store so I removed the /ccp51/ section from the rewrite rule but I did not edit the regular expression section as I do not know how.

Here is the rule that I used: 

RewriteRule ^cp-app/([^/]*)/([^/]*)/?$ cgi-bin/cp-app.pl?pg=$1&ref=$2 [L]

I used the link format   

but my site is not /webrootdir/ccp51/.../...  but rather the ccp51 is set to my webrootdir

Please help!

-vbsaltydog

#56 12-01-2005 02:42:16

vbsaltydog
Website

Is there anybody out there?

I might have caused some confusion when I said that my images arent showing under the SEO friendly pages after the mod_rewrite has been applied....it is not my product or store images, they show up just fine. It is the images that make up my site layout that are not showing in the SEO pages after the mod_rewrite links are clicked.
My site layout images are located in /cgi-bin/images  and they work great until using the SEO pages with mod_rewrite. In the SEO pages it seems that the path to the layout images directory of /cgi-bin/images cannot be found.

Please help me figure this out.

Thanks to all,

-vbsaltydog

#57 12-01-2005 11:24:21

vbsaltydog
Website

to ask it another way. when I click on my layout image blank areas (since the files could not be found) and look for the target, it is listed as

so my real question is where is cp-app/cat/images/   pointing as cat is not a real directory on my system?

I have tried symbolic links to send cat/images to my real images directory with no luck.
I could use a little help here please.

-vbsaltydog 

#58 12-01-2005 14:11:47

vbsaltydog
Website

Well, in case anyone is reading this thread because they are having the same problem, I was able to fix it by doing a find/replace of every image path in ste_layout with the full url to the image vs. the relative path.
Mod_rewrite does not do well with image links using relative paths so use the full url and you will be fine. I think you can accomplish the same thing with the base directive but I havent tested it.

-vbsaltydog

#59 01-11-2006 01:42:43

vbsaltydog
Website

Where in ccp do you edit the code to change the cart product and category links.

(ex. I have rewritten my links to be seo friendly and they work great for hard coded links from my ste_layout. I need to rewrite ccp's built in links now.)

Thanks to all

Board footer