Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-12-2005 19:14:21

myqee
Website

Price Dependant Menu Options: <£5, <£50, £50+ Etc.

Does anybody already have or know how to implement this? ...

Menu options shown as:

- items less than £10
- items less than £25
- items less than £50
- items over £50

etc.

When the customer clicks on one of the options all products are then listed according to their price. (i.e. customer clicks 'items less than £10' and so all items in the inventory that are less than £10 are then displayed.)

My site is setup using csv. Is this possible?

Thanks for any help.

myqee

<-- My CCP Shop!

#2 10-04-2005 15:37:05

myqee
Website

Re: Price Dependant Menu Options: <£5, <£50, £50+ Etc.

I'm still looking for this and haven't found a thread or existing mod that seems to cover it. Have I missed one?

I simply want to have menu options for displaying items within specified price ranges. So, for example, people looking for a cheap present to buy can click the menu option 'items under £10' to see all items less than £10 quickly.

Sounds like a simple and very useful addition to me. Anyone got any ideas or done this already?

Thanks.  smile 

myqee

<-- My CCP Shop!

#3 10-07-2005 17:08:27

andyM

I too would be very interested in this. Can the search function be made to look at prices?

#4 01-06-2006 06:34:12

gameboy

Hi I know this post is a bit old now, but have you sorted out your menu of price ranges.  I have just done it at htp://www.finely-crafted.co.uk

If you are still wondering how to do it and my implementation is what you want, let me know.

cheers,

Mal.

#5 01-06-2006 06:52:02

myqee
Website

Hi Mal,

Thanks for the reply. As you can probably see from my site (in my sig) I am yet to implement a price based product search. It appears your setup involves CCP categories where you put each product in one of the price bracket categories.. is that correct? I thought about doing it that way round but ultimately I'm looking for a dynamic solution.. one that is hands-off. I approached one of the CCP custom Mods companies, can't remember which one now, and they suggested a good way of doing it would be to have two form boxes where the customer enters the low and max prices of their choice and then clicks a search button. This idea sounds great but they never got back to me with a quote in the end.

Has anyone got any ideas for a solution on this kind of Mod for CCP?

myqee

<-- My CCP Shop!

#6 01-06-2006 07:08:48

gameboy

Hi,

Absolutely correct, I have categories for the various price ranges.  This suits me at present but my catalogue is not that large yet.  It is very labour intensive and I will also be looking for a more dynamic solution so if anyone develops this, I will be interested too.

Sorry I couldn't help further at this stage,

Mal.

#7 01-07-2006 14:22:34

superhero2000
Website

Contact us with detailed project specs and we will provide a quote for this mod.

Vinh
VQC Designs, LLC

Board footer