Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 05-26-2005 08:40:24

myqee
Website

Moved Hosting Server: Now Have A Few Errors

I recently moved my CCP hosting to a new server with a different host. Needless to say this entails a whole lot of fun..!  :-)

Anyway, I have transfered the original domain contents *exactly* as they were on the original host. I have set all the appropriet CHMOD attributes and set the paths according to the new server settings and have made the relevant changes within the CCP admin area.

All seems to be well except that in the admin area when I try to access the 'store catalogue >> manage products' page to make changes the following error occurs:

everything else in the admin area appears to work ok though. Anyone got any ideas?

Now the other issue I have is with the Froogle mod which when you first install it on a server you have to run a cgi script once that sets new paths up within CCP. However now my site is now on a new server so these paths need to be changed but when I try to run that cgi file again to update with the new server paths it says the following:

ClickCartPro Version 5.1 (tiki) Froogle Module Installation

The installation of ClickCartPro Version 5.1 (tiki) that you are currently running has already had the Froogle module installed using this script. Please delete this script from your webserver.

How can I get around this?

Thanks for any help.

myqee

<-- My CCP Shop!

#2 05-26-2005 17:42:40

superhero2000
Website

Re: Moved Hosting Server: Now Have A Few Errors

Try reuploading your Elements folder in ASCII.

Regarding the Froogle Module, do you know where the cgi script originally wrote the paths to?  If you can locate that file, you can probably change those paths to the correct paths.

Vinh
VQC Designs, LLC

#3 05-26-2005 19:07:34

myqee
Website

Thanks for the reply.

I just tried re-uploading the elements folder with ASCII forced but the same admin error still occurs for the 'manage products' page.

I think I remember reading somewhere ages ago in this forum that someone had problems when they moved to a new host; one of there csv files contained entrys to long for the new host so they had to cut down some field entries. Thinking about it some of my product detail sections are pretty big. Could this be a likely culprit? Currently I am unable to test my product pages and since moving to the new host the SEO mod has stoped working so my CCP site is dead at the moment.  sad

Any1 got any ideas?

With regard to the froogle mod, I have no idea what the froogle cgi script changes and I can't really go looking for it cause that could take me a long long time and possibly not get me anywhere. Does anyone already know what it does so I can do it manually?

Need help big time here.

Thanks all.

myqee

<-- My CCP Shop!

#4 05-27-2005 05:19:33

GreenbarnWeb
Banned
Website

Hi

You do not need to re-install the Froogle module, coping the site will also copy the Froogle functionality.

#5 05-27-2005 08:42:02

myqee
Website

Hi Howard,

The thing is though is the froogle module isn't working since the move. Since moving I had the change the server paths as mentioned in the CCP install text which also happens to be the same paths as mentioned in step three of the froogle mod:

Step 3:  Upload the cp-froogle.cgi or cp-froogle.pl script to the
  ./ccp51/cgi-bin directory.  , so you can
  copy and paste them if you like.  Set the permissions on the
  file to executable (chmod 755 on Unix/Linux systems) and
  access it using your web broswer at a URL similar to:

Only run this script once. The purpose of this script is to
  update several database tables to provide the Froogle export
  functions in the site administrator utility.

As the move to a new server has resulted in changing these paths in CCP do they not need to be changed for the froogle mod as well?

If they do, how do I re-run the run-once-only script? Its won't let me do it again.

Thanks

myqee

<-- My CCP Shop!

#6 05-27-2005 12:36:20

superhero2000
Website

Do you have the store up and running on the new host?  If yes, then do as it mentioned in Step 3 of the Froogle module and add those exact paths as is in the cp-app.pl file.  If the paths changed in your cp-app.pl file then it will need to be changed in your Froogle script as well.

Run the Froogle script based on your url and see what happens.   

Vinh
VQC Designs, LLC

#7 05-28-2005 15:50:07

myqee
Website

Hi superhero2000,

I tried that originaly and get this error when running the script with the new paths:

ClickCartPro Version 5.1 (tiki) Froogle Module Installation

The installation of ClickCartPro Version 5.1 (tiki) that you are currently running has already had the Froogle module installed using this script. Please delete this script from your webserver.

When trying to run the froogle mod in the admin area to generate a feed I get the following error:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@pandorastocks.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

How do I re-run the froogle run-once-only cgi script with the new upadted server paths?

myqee

<-- My CCP Shop!

#8 05-31-2005 17:36:01

myqee
Website

OK, I gave in with the new web host and have moved again to another. Nothing was working on the last one and the email was all over the place. What is up with some hosts? Mind you, it's normally a case of user error!!  wink

Anyway, with the new host things are going much better. The SEO mod appears to work, the admin area is working and even the froogle mod is working!  smile  but.. (and there's always a but!) the cart area seems to have gone now...

When I add something to the cart it appears there and in the mini cart, however when I update the cart contents quantity or try to go to the check out the whole cart emptys and I get the 'your cart is empty' message. I've triple checked all file permissions and settings as stated in the CCP readme install text file. Anyone know what could be causing this?

You can check it out at my site at:

Thanks all.

myqee

<-- My CCP Shop!

#9 05-31-2005 20:47:12

TerryA
Website

I just put two items in the cart and went througn checkout to NoChex screen with no problems.  maybe you have a cookie problem on your computer.

#10 06-01-2005 03:44:19

myqee
Website

Many thanks for checking it out for me Terry  smile

You are right, it appears the site is in fact ok. Checked it on another PC and all was ok.. phew! ...My browser must be misbehaving of something!!

Thanks again. -all problems now resolved smile ..for now!!

myqee

<-- My CCP Shop!

Board footer