Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-07-2005 09:06:56

keithw

*beware* Royal Mail Script Problem!

Just a warning to other people that ask quesions to Howard before they buy.

I saw that a Royal Mail script was available and I thought that this was the script that I had been waiting for!

I wanted to use the Calculate by the total amount of the order in value and then allow people to have an option to upgrade to next day for an additional amount. I asked if this was able to be done before I went ahead and brought the Royal Mail script. I even left a phone number so he could contact me.

After it was installed I found that I could not do what I asked for. After an Email I was told that I needed to select the real time weight to kg value. This is not what I asked for.

I sent an Email asking the question again and then as I had no reply I then left 2 messages on his answer phone. I have no respone to these messages. I phoned again today and spoke to Howard to be told that what I asked for cannot be done!

I know that the Royal Mail charge via weight but I do not. I need to have the cost of packing on top of this so I change an amout depending on the amount they spend.

I am now the proud owner of a script that is no use to me and Howard is the proud ower of my money!

Keith

#2 04-07-2005 10:06:49

GreenbarnWeb
Banned
Website

Re: *beware* Royal Mail Script Problem!

Hi Keith,

This is a copy of your email and my response of the question you asked before purchasing the Royal Mail Script.

Hi Keith,

The Royal Mail shipping script will calculate the cost of the shipping based on the services selected, destination and weight.

Regards,
Howard Galpin
ClickCartPro UK

-----Original Message-----
From: keith@kjtrading.co.uk [mailto:keith@kjtrading.co.uk]
Sent: 12 June 2004 13:55
To: info@clickcartpro.co.uk
Subject: Royal Mail Worldwide Shipping Script

Hi

I see that you are doing a script for Royal Mail Worldwide Shipping. I think this is what I have been looking for to put on my site.

I have and the moment the shipping setup to do the following:

£0.00    -      £5.00    =     £2.00 P&P
£5.01    -     £9.99     =     £3.00 P&P
£10.00    -   £24.99   =     £4.50 P&P
£25.00 -     £49.99    =     £6.50 P&P

I want to use these setting and have your Royal Mail Worldwide Shipping Script as an extra so if they spent for example £20.00 and lived in the USA it would charge them £4.50 and they can choose Small Packet International Surface Mail for an extra £1.00 or Small Packet International Airmail for £1.50. Am I right in thinking that your new script will do this.

Many thanks

Keith         

wwwdiscreetfun.co.uk

wwwkjtrading.co.uk

#3 04-07-2005 11:34:40

keithw

Re: *beware* Royal Mail Script Problem!

Ok So what the reason for no Phone call after this email and 2 messages left then?????

You told me that you did not understand the question???

I thought it was quite simple. You did rea it and then told me how to do this.

I have copied it below for you.

From: keith@kjtrading.co.uk [mailto:keith@kjtrading.co.uk]
Sent: 24 March 2005 11:28
To: 'clickcartpro'
Subject: RE: GreenbarnWeb - Order Confirmation - CCPUK200503221

Hi

Thank you for your Email.

What I want to do is to default to calculate by value of order (as it is now) but give the option to add an additional amount to upgrade to Royal Mail Next day. And for the over seas postage I want to be able to calculate by value of order (as it is now) but give the option to add an additional amount to upgrade to Airmail.

Hope you understand that!

If you wish me to ring you please let me have a number or you can ring me on 01**********

Many thanks

Keith

Hi Keith,

To do that you need to merge your current custom shipping script with the Royal Mail shipping Script.

To get the Royal Mail shipping Script, you need to do the following:

In the Royal Mail script select the services you want to offer by changing Y to N
In the product you need to select the Royal Mail custom shipping script and set the realtime weight to the KG value.

Regards,

Howard Galpin

ClickCartPro UK

Board footer