Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-19-2003 08:59:35

marzagao

Authorize.net error messages: how to get them?

Can anybody tell me if is there anyway I can add myself a page that will write a very specific message of what the problem is when a Authorize.net credit card transaction is rejected?

I know that the Authorize.net POST response includes a field called "x_Response_Reason_Text" that has exactly what I want. I just need to know how to add the contents of this field on the CCP5 error page.

#2 03-21-2003 11:47:26

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Authorize.net error messages: how to get them?

Thanks for posting this out here.  This will work for any processor - just change 'x_Response_Reason_Text' to whatever the field is.  In the file ./cgi-bin/library/modules/ste_order.pl in the routine 'ste_order_rrc_proc' look for the lines:

###

$fd_pg = "ste_nolay_redir_fail";
$fd_pg_redir = "ste_order_failproc";

###

And right above them add:

###

$failmessage = $q->param('x_Response_Reason_Text');
$failmessage = "<BR><BR>Reason: $failmessage";
$failmessage = vars_urlencode($failmessage);

###

Then under HTML Pages & Elements | Manage HTML Pages (System), edit the system page 'Online Store - Order Failure Redirection'.  Replace the text in that element with the following:

###

<HTML>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="0; URL=(CGIVAR)common_url(/CGIVAR)&pg=(CGIVAR)fd_pg_redir(/CGIVAR)&ref=(CGIVAR)failmessage(/CGIVAR)">
</HTML>

###

Then under HTML Pages & Elements | Manage HTML Pages (System), edit the system page 'Online Store - Order Failure - Processor'.  Add the following where you would like the reason message to appear:

###

(CGIVAR)fd_ref(/CGIVAR)

###

Now when a processor returns errors, the error text will be presented on the decline page.  You could also add a link there:

###

<A HREF="javascript:history.go(-2)">Click here to re-enter your payment information.</A>

###

To allow the user to re-enter their payment info.

Nick Hendler
Webmaster, Kryptronic, Inc.

Nick Hendler

#3 05-26-2003 16:32:40

Jack

<font size="1" color="#FF0000">LAST EDITED ON 05-26-03 AT 05:33 PM (EST)</font><p>All of this will be handled in the next release by a simple "Show response reason code" toggle in one of the forms in the admin area, yes?

Please?

:-)

Thanks!
JJ

#4 05-26-2003 18:04:04

Jack

>Thanks for posting this out here.
> This will work for
>any processor -

Nick I followed this procedure and the page prints

Reason:

But no reason text.

I'm over 24 hours into this and I've only loaded one test product so far. All the rest has been futzing with the forum and all, trying to get a decent response from authorizenet, and that after paying you for the install.

I can't get any help from Authnet on this until I can get some script that will actually deliver the response reason text.

Meanwhile, no income.

I'd appreciate some definitive help on getting live with AuthNet as soon as you can manage it.

Thanks!
Jack

#5 05-26-2003 19:44:45

Jack

<font size="1" color="#FF0000">LAST EDITED ON 05-26-03 AT 08:45 PM (EST)</font><p>Basically at this point Nick, I'd like you to give me call or send me an email with any details you might need to get it operational.

As I mentioned, I don't have an operational cart at this point (that's my fault, not yours, of course), but it IS costing me to not have it working.

I too am a one person business, so I value your time (and mine! :-) ) and if you feel that paid support is appropriate, that's fine, as soon as you come back "on line" from the holiday.

You deliver excellent service for a single individual with such a large user base and such a complex program at an unbelievably low price.

Thanks!
Jack
wwwmultiples.com

#6 05-26-2003 19:56:18

WayneK
Website

Does it work in test mode?

- Wayne
<-- Witty Clever Phrase Goes Here -->

#7 05-27-2003 11:47:04

Jack

Good question, thanks!

Answer:
Nope. Same thing either way. Ergo, some kind of script error, setting, or whatever.

Either way, I get the ccp5 processing error page, and altho
I think I did everything right as described in Nick's hack just previously posted, I get the

Results:

fieldname printed, but no response text printed with it.

At this point I'm waiting to hear from Nick so I can pay him to make it work.

#8 05-27-2003 14:31:38

WayneK
Website

If it does not work in test mode(set when in authnet admin). Then something is not getting from your site to authnet, hence nothing is returned.

In test mode any CC number is approved.

- Wayne
<-- Witty Clever Phrase Goes Here -->

#9 05-27-2003 16:04:22

BooBoo
Website

Try this:

In the Manage Payments Method, change the transact.dll (the whole line from https://) to https://server105.hypermart.net/testan/getpost.cgi

This returns a string that contains all your field names paired with the field values.

Also, I added code to the ste_olp.pl to trap the response line.  Look at that.  It will let you know what happened.

--
Keith Roberts
IT Manager
Laptops For Less, Inc
keith@getadeal.com
<a href="http://www.laptopsforless.com">Your source for laptop batteries, pda batteries, digital camera batteries, cell phone batteries, and accessories</a>

#10 05-27-2003 17:12:49

Jack

Thanks again, boo boo, for all of your suggestions.

I also got Nick's script to work.

I thot it would also return if I used x_response_code_reason to get a textual explanation but that was the prob.

When I replaced with x_response_code_reason it DID return the reason code just like Mr. Wizard (Nick) said it would!

And thanks again to Nick for posting the patch.

Best to all,
Jack

#11 01-31-2005 10:40:26

altmedic

I have entered all of Nick's code changes on this mod and it still does not work. 

In ste_order.pl  I have:

#########
######### If we were not able to match the response code to a
######### valid response code, we error out because the processor
######### has rejected the order.
#########

} else {

$failmessage = $q->param('x_Response_Reason_Text');
$failmessage = "<BR><BR>Reason: $failmessage";
$failmessage = vars_urlencode($failmessage);

$fd_pg = "ste_nolay_redir_fail";
$fd_pg_redir = "ste_order_failproc";

} ######### End of if statement.

Then I changed the other elements to what Nick described.

Upon entering an error in one of the required fields on the AuthNet AIM card entry page, I get

"Our processor reported the following error:

Reason:  "                 

but no failure info is showing. 

The link to re-enter the payment info is working ok.

I'm using AuthNet AIM.   I'd appreciate any help I could get on this.  Hoping it will cut down on the number of abandonments.    :

#12 03-23-2005 09:13:38

webmaster
Administrator
Website

This code is for SIM.  If you need an AIM implementation, take a look in the 5.1 support forum.

Nick Hendler

Board footer