Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-10-2005 05:12:03

haydn

Is Seo Causing Problems With Google?

Mark at SEO is very helpfull and we correspond well.

I just wondered if anyone else is suffering as I am - or am I just a sad case.
(My last post on this was not answered, so wondering what will happen this time?)

When putting "bespoke perfume" into yahoo.com - I have the top five mentions
I used to be better in Google and have the first 8 out of 10
Now the only proper mention of anything in my control on Google is on page
two on a site I have just published  which is driving me a little potty.

I cannot help wondering wether the problem is the SEO aspect of the site as we perform so well eslewhere, yet Google has dropped off completely this year.

As I only have the SEO aspect - are readers without SEO suffering the same as me?

Chat soon
Haydn

#2 03-10-2005 12:46:06

Graham
Website

Re: Is Seo Causing Problems With Google?

Google have recently changed their ranking systems which has caused a lot of changes in the placings of results and it looks like you've been hit by that.

Count yourself lucky you didn't have the problem I had last month where Google "lost" my site completely for a week or so! :-(

#3 03-11-2005 08:59:21

sethshannon
Banned
Website

Hi,

I have this same problem, I submitted my website on Google (I have SEO too) but, when i make research on products, my website isn't in the whole list at all !

I don't understand why, as SEO should make the ranking much better right ?

THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM THIS FORUM.

If this post contains any language related to
code samples, advice, etc., please read this
entire thread before making a decision to use
this post as a basis for any change to your
software installation.

#4 03-11-2005 10:32:06

dtwg
Website

two on a site I have just published Balm Balm which is driving me a little potty.

I did a Google search on "balm balm" and balmbalm.com came up number 4 and 5 on page 1.

If you want to be found under a different keyword phrase, I would put that in your site's HTML Title. There isn't much content on your home page, so Google's indexing algorithm  doesn't really have much to go on as far as figuring out what the site is about.

My .02 - I'm not an SEO expert, just my opinion based on some experience.

HTH,

Dave

#5 03-11-2005 13:01:20

Graham
Website

sethshannon,03/11/2005 08:59:21 AM wrote:

I submitted my website on Google (I have SEO too) but, when i make research on products, my website isn't in the whole list at all !

I don't understand why, as SEO should make the ranking much better right ?

How long ago did you submit it? Also do you have anyone linking to your site?

The more links, the sooner it will be indexed.

The SEO module will improve your rankings because it's difficult for search engines to index dynamic sites, but it will depend on how many competitors you have.

#6 03-17-2005 04:40:50

haydn

dtwg,03/11/2005 10:32:06 AM wrote:

two on a site I have just published Balm Balm which is driving me a little potty.

I did a Google search on "balm balm" and balmbalm.com came up number 4 and 5 on page 1.

Hi Dave

My point about Balm balm was that when I entered a search in google for bespoke perfume to find listings for the ENATA.CO.UK site - it was only found on page two of google on a site I have just made a month ago!
Haydn

#7 03-17-2005 05:00:48

haydn

I think everyone should know that Mark at SEO cannot help or see why I am having this problem and Howard at the UK end of Clickcart has no knowledge of this part of Clickcart.  I have left message with Duck.comms who are support partner of Clickcart in the UK.  I will keep you posted as to wether anyone understands how my site can work brilliantly and then with no alteration on my part - drop off the planet?
Cheers
haydn

#8 03-17-2005 05:46:04

myfunkyshop
Website

Hi there,

I am using SEO for my website and Google have only put the following up for myfunkyshop:

My Funky Shop - This Store Is Full Of Excellent Goodies
Us at MyFunkyShop sell a wide range of items from every day items to limit
editions....Please come in amd visit us.
wwwmyfunkyshop.co.uk/ - 20k - Mar 15, 2005 - Cached - Similar pages

Arts and Crafts @ myfunkyshop.co.uk
Buy Arts and Crafts online at myfunkyshop.co.uk.
wwwmyfunkyshop.co.uk/ cat--Arts-and-Crafts--artsandcrafts.html - 20k - Mar 15, 2005 - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from wwwmyfunkyshop.co.uk ]

Please could someone tell me if this is correct and when will all my other pages appear..

Cheers

Miss George Clooney

#9 03-18-2005 04:19:34

roxie
Website

myfunkyshop,03/17/2005 02:46:04 AM wrote:

My Funky Shop - This Store Is Full Of Excellent Goodies
Us at MyFunkyShop sell a wide range of items from every day items to limit
editions....Please come in amd visit us.
wwwmyfunkyshop.co.uk/ - 20k - Mar 15, 2005 - Cached - Similar pages

Arts and Crafts @ myfunkyshop.co.uk
Buy Arts and Crafts online at myfunkyshop.co.uk.
wwwmyfunkyshop.co.uk/ cat--Arts-and-Crafts--artsandcrafts.html - 20k - Mar 15, 2005 - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from wwwmyfunkyshop.co.uk ]

Please could someone tell me if this is correct and when will all my other pages appear..

Cheers

I did a Google site search for 'www.myfunkyshop.co.uk' and you do have 392 pages indexed by Google. So it knows you are there. After looking a few pages of your html there are a few problems that might be hurting the ranking.

First, all the pages I looked at, in several categories have the exact same keywords. You should have separate keywords that pertain to each product. Using the same set of keywords site wide is not advised. Use the keywords text box for each product in Admin- keywords that pertain to that specific product.

Second, move all your metatags closer to the top of the pages and move the no right click code down. Better yet, remove it. If someone wants your images bad enough they can get it even with that code.

I really don't think the loss of ranking or listing has anything to do the Mark's SEO mod. Having the mod does not guarantee high ranking, just makes it easier. You still have to have what Google wants, where Google wants it.

Download Google's toolbar- when you view your own web pages you can see a little green bar that shows how Google has ranked that page. Make changes, wait until you get spidered again and see if the rank goes up.

[size=8]Fine Print: I am not a SEO expert, just a crazy woman with a website. But I have top listing in Google for my keywords & individual products and use the SEO mod.[/size]

#10 03-18-2005 15:08:40

myfunkyshop
Website

Hi Roxie,

Cheers for the advice... I will look in to it ASAP...

Is there a way of adding KEYWORDS to each item without doing it individually is there a csv or txt file i can download and re-upload... I have lots of items and this will take ages to do...

Cheers

Miss George Clooney

#11 03-18-2005 16:18:50

roxie
Website

You can edit the product.csv file. One last tip, when you put in the keywords for a product try to work a few into the product description also.

The keywords you put in for a product become the metatag keywords for that item page, the description you write becomes the metatag description for the item page.

Use the same process for your category keywords and descriptions too. 

#12 03-19-2005 09:34:53

sethshannon
Banned
Website

Hi,

You're lucky guys, because my website is not even correctly appearing in Google with SEO. When i make a research with my exact site name (ccpfrance.fr), Google gives me this :

wwwccpfrance.fr/ - [ Traduire cette page ]
Pages similaires

And that's all !

And i don't have anything when i make a research on my products.... so i'm very disappointed by the SEO module... maybe it's some options not correctly working or maybe Google bots doesn't visit my website ???

If someone can help...

Thanks

THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM THIS FORUM.

If this post contains any language related to
code samples, advice, etc., please read this
entire thread before making a decision to use
this post as a basis for any change to your
software installation.

#13 03-19-2005 12:25:05

ATS
Website

Regarding ccpfrance.fr:

I looked at the site. Three notes:

1. There is some nearly-hidden text at the top of the page. Google considers that spam and it's not a good idea at all. This alone could be ruining your Google results.

2. The links on the home page are using long-style URL's, not SEO urls. All your links to product and category pages should use the SEO urls.

3. The most important thing to Google is the number and quality of links from other sites to your site. You must develop at least a handful of incoming links in order to see  results.

These three items depend on you, and they will hinder the effectiveness of the SEO module if you don't care for them.

Mark

ATS is an authorized provider of support and custom modifications to ClickCartPro software.

Board footer