Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-12-2005 15:31:39

carasmo
Website

How Can I Add A Field To The Check Out

Hi there,

I'd like to see what magazines and web sites are driving sales to my site and I'd like to add an include or something to the billing information page that is simply:

Help us track our marketing efforts. Where did you hear about us?:

Then it's a drop down menu of the following:

Google
Yahoo
Satya Magazine
PETA Caring Consumer
VegWeb
VeggieBoards
CoopAmerica
Fair Trade Federation

and if they choose "other" a text field is there for them to fill in.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm just wondering where I'm wasting my efforts.

Thank you so much!

Best,
Christina

#2 03-12-2005 17:03:16

mattkrause
Website

Re: How Can I Add A Field To The Check Out

Christina,

It's been a while since I tooled around with my own checkout pages, but if I remember correctly, CCP has a pretty easy-to-use function that'll do that. 

Under Orders & Payment, go to Manage Order Form Information Fields.  It has generic, "placeholder" custom fields already set up -- basically you just fill in the title you want to display next to the dropdown box, fill in the options you want to list, and then switch it to "display", and it'll show up in checkout.

If you want a textbox available for them to fill in if they selected "Other", you can do it the same way.  I think the two would have to operate independently of each other -- I don't know how you'd link the two, requiring customers to enter data in the textbox if they selected "Other" in the dropdown.

Matt

PS: I do a similar thing on my own checkout pages.  Feel free to check it out.  Link to my store is in my signature.

Matt Krause

#3 03-12-2005 20:47:22

carasmo
Website

Thank you very, very much!

#4 03-12-2005 20:50:50

carasmo
Website

How did you get that fabulous, spider friendly pages going on?

Is it only a tiki thing or can 5.0 do it?

#5 03-13-2005 11:54:22

mattkrause
Website

I don't know if those spider-friendly URLs are just a Tiki thing, of if they'd work with 5.0, too.  I did it with the "SEO Mod" from ATS.  A link to ATS is on .

It's a simple mod, from the perspective of us non-techie store owners.  Just buy it from ATS, they install it for you, and suddenly you've got search engine-friendly URLs.  I don't remember what it cost, but it was pretty cheap, and knowing your site is spider friendly sure was worth it.

Matt

Matt Krause

Board footer