Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-11-2005 09:56:47

TomC

Help! Cart Stopped Working

All of a sudden, my CCP cart which is linked to my HTML website has quit working and I am receiving the following error message, “Script Execution Error”. The cart has been working fine for over a year and all of a sudden it has stopped functioning. My HTML website that the CCP cart is linked to is working fine and I can still log onto the CCP internet site administrator and check orders, but when I click on the “order online” button that takes customers to the CCP Cart from my HTML website, I get "Script Execution Error". Nick and the guys and gals and CCP have had to  help me out over the past 3 years when problems have occurred as I'm a very low tech guy but thought someone here might have an idea as to  why the CCP cart has all of  sudden out of the blue stopped working. I am assuming my host has made some alteration that has caused this problem but they normally email me in advance of making server upgrades or something that would cause problems with the cart and I have received no notices from them. Thanks for any help. This is real costly and I need to get it fixed asap! Thanks

Tom

#2 02-11-2005 11:48:12

Todd
Website

Re: Help! Cart Stopped Working

Yes, it sounds like your host made a change somewhere along the line.  First thing to do  is to find out from them what they changed.  The cart doesnt just break itself... so something had to happen on the host side.

Do you have a URL we could look at?

there's more than one way to...

#3 02-11-2005 12:20:53

TomC

Yep, the CCP carts are great and it seems like every time there is an issue it has to do with the hosting company.  I've already spoken with the hosting company and of course they say they havent made any changes/upgrades but I don't believe them for a second. I have already sent in a service request to CCP so hopefully it will be fixed soon. I hate having to rely on the CCP staff to bail me out of these situations but I'm not technical enough to know how to fix the problems. Fortunatley in the past when the hosting company has done something the guys/gals at CCP have always managed to fix it. I'm a huge fan of CCP and always recommend the CCP cart to people who are looking for an online ordering solution, not only because the carts work flawlessy but more so because when problems arise the CCP support is superd at helping the "technically challenged" like myself.

tom

#4 02-11-2005 21:18:05

TerryA
Website

Tom, I sent you an email on this a few minutes ago.  Here is the thread that I got the information from:

#5 02-12-2005 05:36:08

TomC

Thanks Terry but I have not done anything to this website in 4 or 5 months...............no uploads....no nothing. And it was working flawlessly until sometime earlier this week. The hosting company swears they have not made any changes or upgrades to the server either. We're a small business with another website simiiar to this one that also runds CCP and I literally lose $300-500 a day when I have shopping cart down time like this. I sent in a service request yeterday and I am just praying that Nick and the gang can fix it for me soon.

Tom

#6 02-12-2005 10:48:18

TerryA
Website

I fixed it for you.  You had a corrupted file in your data directory and I just uploaded a new copy of the file.  Make sure that you are not running out of space on your site.  When space gets tight, the script can't write to the files and some crazy things start happening.

#7 02-12-2005 20:02:33

TomC

Thanks a million Terry. I really appreciate it. If you or any anbody else at CCP ever need stationery or invitations give us a hollar and whatever it costs us is what it costs you. You guys have always saved the day.  I have literrally been gone all day and just got in and saw that the cart was working. to say I'm relieved is an understatement!

Tom

Board footer