Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-13-2005 11:17:20

VikingWM

Hi I Need Help With Two Things....

Lets say I have the webiste layed out by manufacturers, and for each manufacturer i have a clickable graphic that would allow you to see just that manufacturers products.

I understand that relating the products to each category showed show the image even if it is a new manufacturer, but that hasnt been happening for the 4 or 5 last Manufactures I added.

Also some manufacuters make more then one product or release products at a later time, so if I wanted to add a product how could I make sure it stayed in order by manufacturer on the main pages, rather then skipping around and placing it at the very end.
So I have 2 questions.

1. Can anyone fixt that problem?
2. Is there a away to keep things together, without them being seperated, or broken up on the main listing?

#2 01-13-2005 12:50:35

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Hi I Need Help With Two Things....

Assuming you add the manufacturers as categories and assign the products properly, everything should work fine.  Browse to the manufacturers listing and click through.

Concerning broken displays, perhaps you'll want to adjust the number of items to display per row in your manufacturer category.

Nick Hendler

#3 01-13-2005 14:00:35

VikingWM

right i have releated everything correctly, no different then i did everything for every other one, but it dosent appear to be working.

#4 01-14-2005 16:38:06

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Please post your URL and specific problem pages.

Nick Hendler

#5 01-24-2005 11:49:00

VikingWM

hello sir.

The URL is vikingcasual.com

If you look at the pages, some of the categories have an image that differentates each category to its product, but when I add new categories the image no longer shows up, for those, and thee relations are right.

#6 01-24-2005 18:02:31

vicbulldog

VikingWM
I think had the same problem with categories but I can;t quite tell from your description, it was down to additional spaces.
If you FTP to your Tables folder in Data then download and open the Product file and check your product_xcat which is the last line and check for additional spaces after your category name.
If that doesnt fix it check your Category file and make sure you haven't left spaces after the names.

As for you second question the order in which items are shown is dertmined by your product file, just add a line in there where you want it to show.

I hope this helps ?

#7 01-28-2005 11:50:48

VikingWM

can someone take a look at this for me if i give them my info, i am not familiar with this at all.

Board footer