Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#26 12-19-2002 17:57:53

themonarch

Re: shipping calculation

Can I submit a support ticket or something to have this done soon? I'm willing to pay for it. Very critical to my cart(s) right now. I'm running 5 ccp's and my clients are freaked about the shipping being so inflated.

Thanks!

#27 12-22-2002 23:47:46

themonarch

>Can I submit a support ticket
>or something to have this
>done soon? I'm willing to
>pay for it. Very critical
>to my cart(s) right now.
>I'm running 5 ccp's and
>my clients are freaked about
>the shipping being so inflated.
>
>
>Thanks!

Anyone help or respond?

#28 12-23-2002 11:55:24

webmaster
Administrator
Website

What do you mean by 'shipping being inflated'?  Shipping costs are correct at this point as the update being discussed here was done on 08/17.  We do plan in our next release/update to combine shipping in the displays, but this won't affect the logic (other than changes planned for UPS online tools).  Have you installed all relevant updates to CCP5 (08/17 and 09/21) and/or did you purchase after 09/21?

Nick Hendler
Webmaster, Kryptronic, Inc.

Nick Hendler

#29 12-18-2004 13:18:29

meshugy

webmaster,12/23/2002 11:55:24 AM wrote:

Shipping costs are correct at this point as the update being discussed here was done on 08/17. 

I bought Click Cart Pro 5.0 in October of 2002. So the cart should have the update and be grouping items shipped from the same zip with same method, correct? It's not doing that, when calculating postage via USPS it's only grouping similar items together and calculating unrelated items separately so that the customers are getting charged double postage, sometimes more!

Am I missing something or does my version not have the update that fixes this?

Thanks,

Michael

#30 12-27-2004 12:55:22

meshugy

Ok, I figured out the problem. Took endless hours to find, but it turns out that if you have all your products with the same domestic real time shipping method (in my case USPS), but have different international realtime methods (USPS or UPS, depending on the product), the cart will group items according to the international method even if it's a domestic order! Seems to work the other way around as well, if you have all your products with the same international method but some with different domestic methods, international orders will be grouped by the domestic methods.

So, unless there's a mod to fix this, every product has to have the same domestic and international shipping methods to have every item in an order totaled by weight.

I hope the helps some of you who are struggling with this problem.

Thanks,

Michael

#31 01-11-2005 11:36:45

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The program splits out unlike shipments to show various carrier charges for each of the different portions of the order.  This is normal behavior.  Are you seeing something different?

Nick Hendler

Board footer