Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-05-2005 17:18:13

altmedic

Order Emails From Shopping Cart

If I have posted this problem before, bear with me, but I've never gotten a solution to this problem:

We use AuthNet AIM.  Sometimes we get an order email from AuthorizeNet, but don't get one from the shopping cart.  I find that this always happens when a customer goes through the checkout, but does not complete the AuthNet AIM card information form.  This results in an invoice being created by CCP5 that says "Pending Payment".  Then, if the customer does the process over and this time enters the card info and finishes successfully, another identical invoice is created which says, "Pending Shipment".  It is under this scenario that we do not get an order email on the completed order.

In other words, it would appear that if an invoice is created for "Pending Payment" first, then we will not get an order email from CCP5 on the subsequent successful order.

Anybody recognize this problem?     smile 

#2 01-11-2005 11:39:40

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Order Emails From Shopping Cart

That doesn't make any sense at all (programatically speaking, that is).  It's not possible in CCP for something like this to happen.  You will not receive emails for 'Pending Payment' orders because they were never fully processed.  You will receive emails for 'Pending Shipment' orders as they were fully processed - as long as Authorize.net doesn't choke on the return because your server is too slow to respond.

Nick Hendler

#3 01-11-2005 16:05:50

altmedic

Nick, we don't ever get emails on orders pending payment; that is not an issue.  There is a pattern that if a Pending Payment  invoice is created, then on a subsequent successful order by the same buyer, in the same session, then we do not get an order email on the successful order.   I've checked this over and over.

#4 01-13-2005 12:47:51

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Make sure both your primary order email address is valid and turned on in admin under Global Settings | Manage Store Settings - and also check your mail server path / designation under Global Settings | Manage Program Settings.

Nick Hendler

Board footer