Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-27-2004 21:58:51

altmedic

Location Of Stylesheets

I think I used to know this, but can't at the moment figure out how the stylesheet should be called out in ste_layout.txt.

Right now I have "textstyle.css" located in the media/javascript directory, and I have this in the <HEAD> of site_layout.txt:

<LINK REL="stylesheet" HREF="(CGIVAR)common_url_javascript(/CGIVAR)/javascript/textstyle.css" TYPE="text/css">

</HEAD>

It doesn't work, and I haven't been able to find by searching where this has been discussed.

Thanks!

#2 11-27-2004 22:07:24

Todd
Website

Re: Location Of Stylesheets

You could create an absolute link by using something like

<link href="http://www.mywebsite.com/css/mystyles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

or you could create a relative link by using

<link href="../css/mystyles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

You might consider putting all your stylesheets in one folder just for stylesheets.

Hope this helps.

there's more than one way to...

#3 11-28-2004 00:06:05

altmedic

Thanks, Todd.  Yes, that works, so I'll go with that for now.  It looks okay in the SSL connection, too. 

I seem to remember Nick saying there is some reason to use the (CGIVAR)common_url_javascript(/CGIVAR) notation.  Again, its been a while, I don't remember all this. smile

#4 12-02-2004 11:51:42

webmaster
Administrator
Website

That's due to the fact that that variable is changed based on SSL/Non-SSL requests.  Your stylesheets will come up without Non-SSL warnings over SSL if you use it instead of a Non-SSL URL.

Nick Hendler

Board footer