Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 05-06-2004 13:51:04

utartist

User Accounts

G'day all,

Is there a way to set up a user account to just be able to get to the orders only?  I see if I set the permission to Admin, the user can still play around with other areas of the cart.

My home office, which will recieve the orders and decrypt the cards etc.. has put someone in charge of this task who is.. er... not too smart computer wize.  I do not want this person to be able to do anything but log in, get the order and go away.  They are in Detroit and I am in Salt Lake City.. kind hard for me to watch over their shoulders.

Thanks to all for everyones help as I set up the software.  It's working flawlessly. 

Regards,
Bill

#2 05-06-2004 14:20:28

scoutch
Banned

Re: User Accounts

Is there a way to set up a user account to just be able to get to the orders only?

You would need to make modifications from the adm CSV files inside the /data/tables folder in order to get this done.

However, there are other posts on the forum about this. You might want to do a search to find more results on this subject.

THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM THIS FORUM.

If this post contains any language related to
code samples, advice, etc., please read this
entire thread before making a decision to use
this post as a basis for any change to your
software installation.

#3 05-10-2004 08:28:58

webmaster
Administrator
Website

You could set the user up as a 'reports' level user.  Then, in the file ./data/tables/admpage.csv look for:

Code:

tracking,Y,04ORDERS,Y,Manage Online Orders & View Invoices,adm_iud_list,,tracking,tracking,800
tracking_update,Y,04ORDERS,N,Update Online Order,adm_iud_update,,tracking,tracking,800

And change the '800' to '700' on both lines.  Then, in the file ./data/tables/admsub.csv look for:

Code:

04ORDERS,01MAIN,Orders & Payment,800,submenu

And change that '800' to '700' as well.

Make sure you re-upload these files in BINARY mode.

Nick Hendler

#4 05-10-2004 16:25:52

utartist

tnks gents..

that did the trick..

bill

#5 10-14-2004 15:46:40

microlinx

When I installed this script the other day, I immediately ran the "manage table data sources" and the source for admpage and admsub are in MySQL, not CSV.

What is the best way to make the above modification?

I tried to set each back to CSV, did the edits and still no luck.

Is this a PHPMyAdmin task?

#6 11-10-2004 11:00:21

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Switch back to CSV, do the edits then switch back over to MySQL.  This will export all MySQL data to CSV then export changed CSV data back to MySQL.

Nick Hendler

Board footer