Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 09-29-2004 09:41:37

hubbiida

Different Sized Category Images

I have modified my ste_cat.pl to display "category_imgsm" in the "Category Heading Display" element. I had hoped to also be able to use a different sized image there than that stipulated in "Global Settings/Manage Image Size Settings/Category Listing Image Width (px)", but it seems that you are locked in with CCP51 when it comes to image size. To remedy this I have attempted to employ ImageMagick, as per this thread:

Unfortunately, the path provided by my host does not seem to work. Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong would be helpful. I am using the command protocol as suggested in the above thread to point to ImageMagick as follows:

lib '/usr/ports/graphics/ImageMagick/work/ImageMagick-5.5.6/PerlMagick/'

use Image::Magick

#2 10-01-2004 13:57:42

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Different Sized Category Images

Just try:

Code:

use Image::Magick

Without the use lib line and see if it's already installed on the server.  Otherwise, get a copy from cpan.perl.org and upload it to the ./cgi-bin/modules_inc directory.  Then you don't need the use lib command.

Nick Hendler

#3 10-02-2004 00:22:37

hubbiida

Thanks, I've got ImageMagick working now -- sort of. It doesn't seem to like JPG files though!? I'll research it on my own and if I find nothing I'll post a query to the general support forum. Perhaps someone knows something about this latest conundrum...
Thank you for your help

#4 10-06-2004 11:10:41

hubbiida

Finally got this working thanks to remarkable tech support at web host.
Thanks again.

#5 10-11-2004 09:12:40

webmaster
Administrator
Website

AFAIK, ImageMagik supports only certain types of images, and JPG isn't one of them.  I think it's limited to GIF and PNG, however I'm not sure.  The POD delivered with the module will be the definitive guide.

Nick Hendler

Board footer