Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 10-01-2004 14:34:29

edward

Switching From Ups To Usps Shipping

Since most of our orders are small in physial size/weight, then I am thinking about swtiching over the entire store to use USPS shipping.  In most cases, customers will get their order quicker and save money.  I thought this would be easily done by going into Store Catalog - Manage Products and change the Realtime Method (US Origin To US Destination) to: USPS (US to US).  I tested this out on one product and ran through a test order with only that one prodcut but it didn't work.  Still used UPS for shipping calculation.

Am I missing something here?

How could I make a universal switch over from UPS to USPS on all orders?

Thank You,

Edward

#2 10-01-2004 16:22:13

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Switching From Ups To Usps Shipping

You need to update the setting for each product individually (under Store Catalog | Manage Products).

Nick Hendler

#3 10-01-2004 16:29:57

edward

Hello Nick,

I tried this on 1 product and then went into the store and ordered that one (and only that 1) product.  It still came up with UPS.  I changed it from Realtime shipping of UPS to USPS. 

I figured that I would make sure it worked with 1 product before switching them all over.

Thanks for your reply,

Edward   

#4 10-01-2004 16:32:59

edward

edward,10/01/2004 04:29:57 PM wrote:

Hello Nick,

I tried this on 1 product and then went into the store and ordered that one (and only that 1) product.  It still came up with UPS.  I changed it from Realtime shipping of UPS to USPS. 

I figured that I would make sure it worked with 1 product before switching them all over.

Thanks for your reply,

Edward

Wanted to add.... I was assuming that as long as I only ordered that 1 product (which I switched from UPS to USPS) in my test order, then it should work.  Seems logical, but maybe I'm missing something.  Thanks again.   

#5 10-01-2004 16:42:09

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Empty your cart and try again with that product.  It may have been in your cart prior to the change.

Nick Hendler

#6 10-01-2004 17:00:51

edward

I just tried that and it still just gives me the old UPS shipping options.  Tried it a few times and even changed the product with which I was doing the test, but it still didn't accept the shipping change from UPS to USPS. 

My CCP5 cart has some changes to the shipping script so that it looks for PO BOX, APO/FPO, Alaska, & Hawaii addresses and then automatically switches shipping options to USPS.  Makes me wonder if somehow that might be interfering? 

Not sure why that would, but that's all that comes to mind besides the idea that somehow I need to clear the "cookies" on my computer.  That doesn't make sense to me though. 

Thanks again,

Edward

#7 10-11-2004 09:13:34

webmaster
Administrator
Website

My CCP5 cart has some changes to the shipping script so that it looks for PO BOX, APO/FPO, Alaska, & Hawaii addresses and then automatically switches shipping options to USPS. Makes me wonder if somehow that might be interfering?

Yes, that would be interfering.  Post the modified code, and I'll let you know what to change.

Nick Hendler

#8 10-11-2004 12:01:08

edward

Hello Nick,

This weekend I was looking around in the code and found what was interfering.  It was that code modification in the ste_chkout.pl.  I just commented it out and then I was able to switch over to USPS successfully.

All is well again.  Thanks for your reply! 

Edward 

#9 10-11-2004 13:49:04

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Thanks for the update.  I figured it had to be overidden in the code if all else was ok.

Nick Hendler

Board footer