Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 09-22-2004 05:17:29

soulz

Is It Possible To Link An Item Outside The Store?

Ok.. while working on something I noticed something else.
As I have mentioned in previous posts my client seeks to have an admin panel to control the main site. (which is not CCP related) On the main site he wanted a "Featured Items Display".. which works fine... we have it running dynamicly through the admin panel we created.

Now this person isn't code friendly or computer literate. Soo you can imagine the extent we are going through to create a customized adpanel that this person can work with with very little help... all point click copy and paste friendly type of thing thus far with error handeling an all that stuff.. but yea im babbling.

What I seek to find out currently is how can I tell him to aquire links from within the store from item display page to a specific item page

Like when your in the store browsing you click an item it opens a specific page for that item containing descriptions add to cart etc... Well thats what we are aiming to point this featured items list at. My concern is that I notices the link within the store is dynamicly generated to be unique for everyone who surfin the store.. with the ip and what ever else... and well the client I am working for isnt to computer literate.. so I wanted to tell him just click on a link within the store and copy and paste the url from the browser to a specific spot in our admin panel.. but due to the dynamic properties of it. i cant. So what would be a generic off store link i could use to target it to a item description page for any given item?

#2 09-23-2004 00:58:53

roxie
Website

Re: Is It Possible To Link An Item Outside The Store?

If I am understanding you correctly you would like to change this-

to this-
to create a static link.

There may be a better way, but I just delete the ip and dynamically created middle part. I'm not code literate, love copy/paste, and WYSIWYG editors too.

Hope that leads is the right direction for you.  :-)

OH, if you have the seo module it would probably be different. I don't have that module just yet- so can't give any assistance there. 

#3 09-23-2004 12:47:14

soulz

Re: Is It Possible To Link An Item Outside The Store?

Alright thanks

that link construction worked well thank you

Board footer