Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-31-2004 13:11:44

Jess

Cart Only

Hi,

I would like to set up my site at:  to function much the same way it does now, but to replace the paypal cart with the CCP cart.

In other words, when someone presses the "add to cart" button then CCP kicks in and does it's thing. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Jess

#2 08-31-2004 16:39:36

TheThinker
Website

Re: Cart Only

I took a quick look at your site, and it seems as though all of your products are added to the cart with a simple [add to cart] button.  No options, and no quantities right?  If so, yes, you should be able to preserve your site as is and just treat CCP as the cart subsystem.

When you get CCP, you can use the "Remote API" capability of CCP to integrate the existing and new sites.

Regards,
Eric

#3 08-31-2004 19:30:47

Jess

Hi Eric,

I set up the API and when I click add to cart, nothing shows up and instead I get an error that reads: "There was an error adding the item you selected to your shopping cart. The information submitted was invalid. Please try again."

I've enabled Remote Hosts
I've configured the allowed hosts to include the domain: petexpertise.com
I've checked the cookie Path
I've checked file permissions

Here is the product page:

Help!

Thanks,
Jess

#4 09-01-2004 03:44:28

TheThinker
Website

Did you look at the example files in the samples dir?  They show how your existing pages can directly hook into CCP.  You have to modify your pages (in a hidden manner) to include parms required by CCP.  The example files show how to add items to the cart.

Regards,
Eric

#5 09-01-2004 12:39:40

Jess

Hi Eric,

I'm not sure what you mean.

I found the file: ccp51\data\examples\productform.htm

And followed the instuctions to add the cart to my site.

Where is the samples dir?

Thanks,
Jess

#6 09-01-2004 19:31:03

TheThinker
Website

The samples directory is named "examples" as per your above post.  Sorry I wasn't clearer.  What happened with you followed the productform example?

Regards,
Eric

Board footer