Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-06-2004 11:02:09

NewFoundMassAL

Urgent Help Needed!

I really need help with this and urgently.

I run wwwsmartmarkvideo.com. We sell wrestling video tapes. We are moving to a new server but in order for me to move the files from this one to another I had to change everything from MySQL back to CSV however it would give me a error message (which I cant get because the script is going nuts). I used every remedy that was posted on here, however I still couldn't get it to change everything back. I thought maybe if I went into MySQL and deleted the "product name", it would allow me. What happened next is that it deleted all of the product names. so i added that table back to MySQL but that didn't fix it. To just get straight to the point:

I need to find a way to change things from MySQL back to CSV other then going through the script setting thing. it would be greatly appreciated if someone could tell me how to do this!!!

Thank you in advance!

#2 07-06-2004 12:43:35

TheThinker
Website

Re: Urgent Help Needed!

What do you mean "your script is going nuts"?  Any errors should still be in the log file...

Regards,
Eric

#3 07-06-2004 19:14:30

NewFoundMassAL

TheThinker,07/06/2004 12:43:35 PM wrote:

What do you mean "your script is going nuts"?  Any errors should still be in the log file...

I just need a way to turn things back to CSV without going through ccp... please help.

#4 07-06-2004 19:58:24

TheThinker
Website

NewFoundMassAL,07/06/2004 07:14:30 PM wrote:

I just need a way to turn things back to CSV without going through ccp... please help.

I'm trying to help you. 

However I know of no _existing_ way to convert from a database to CSV in the CCP format other than using the CCP export to CSV approach.  One could write a little export program for each table,  or modify the CCP export routines so they work standalone.  Another approach that occurs to me is to move the mysql database files to another computer where the CCP built-in export works.  You might also  be able to use a 3rd party utility (such as Excel, OpenOffice SpreadSheet, or some Perl/PHP db admin tool) to connect to the db and save as a CSV file. 

All of these approaches strike me as being difficult.

I think the easiest, quickest, and the least expensive approach would be to diagnose and fix the CCP export problem.

Thus my earlier question.

Regards,
Eric

#5 07-07-2004 08:57:25

NewFoundMassAL

Im pretty sure it has something to do with some of the modifications i made.

we (with the help of nick) changed it so that we can have longer product names, etc. I think i read in a prior post that this is what causes that cause someone described exactly the same problem I was having. the difference is that they were able to go in and give things shorter names, descriptions, etc while we have over 900 products in the catalog. needless to say that its unrealistic for us to go through each and every product.

we use hypermart.net for hosting and they really suck as they dont even list anywhere on the site how to access error logs.

#6 07-07-2004 18:18:25

NewFoundMassAL

[Sun Jul  4 19:12:38 2004] cp-app.cgi: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'product_name' in 'field list' at /home/users/web/b2091/hy.smartmarkvideo/ccp5/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 509.
[Sun Jul  4 19:12:27 2004] cp-app.cgi: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'product_name' in 'field list' at /home/users/web/b2091/hy.smartmarkvideo/ccp5/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 509.
[Sun Jul  4 19:12:21 2004] cp-app.cgi: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'product_name' in 'field list' at /home/users/web/b2091/hy.smartmarkvideo/ccp5/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 509.
[Sun Jul  4 19:12:16 2004] cp-app.cgi: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'product_name' in 'field list' at /home/users/web/b2091/hy.smartmarkvideo/ccp5/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 509.
[Sun Jul  4 19:11:59 2004] cp-admin.cgi: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'product_name' in 'field list' at /home/users/web/b2091/hy.smartmarkvideo/ccp5/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 568.
[Sun Jul  4 19:11:56 2004] cp-app.cgi: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'product_name' in 'field list' at /home/users/web/b2091/hy.smartmarkvideo/ccp5/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 509.
[Sun Jul  4 19:11:46 2004] cp-app.cgi: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'product_name' in 'field list' at /home/users/web/b2091/hy.smartmarkvideo/ccp5/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 509.
[Sun Jul  4 19:11:40 2004] cp-app.cgi: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'product_name' in 'field list' at /home/users/web/b2091/hy.smartmarkvideo/ccp5/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 509.
[Sun Jul  4 19:11:24 2004] cp-app.cgi: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'product_name' in 'field list' at /home/users/web/b2091/hy.smartmarkvideo/ccp5/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 509.
[Sun Jul  4 18:39:31 2004] cp-app.cgi: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'product_name' in 'field list' at /home/users/web/b2091/hy.smartmarkvideo/ccp5/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 509.
[Sun Jul  4 18:39:21 2004] cp-app.cgi: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'product_name' in 'field list' at /home/users/web/b2091/hy.smartmarkvideo/ccp5/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 509.
[Sun Jul  4 18:39:12 2004] cp-app.cgi: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'product_name' in 'field list' at /home/users/web/b2091/hy.smartmarkvideo/ccp5/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 509.
[Sun Jul  4 18:39:00 2004] cp-app.cgi: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'product_name' in 'field list' at /home/users/web/b2091/hy.smartmarkvideo/ccp5/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 509.
[Sun Jul  4 18:38:55 2004] cp-app.cgi: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'product_name' in 'field list' at /home/users/web/b2091/hy.smartmarkvideo/ccp5/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 509.
[Sun Jul  4 18:38:49 2004] cp-app.cgi: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'product_name' in 'field list' at /home/users/web/b2091/hy.smartmarkvideo/ccp5/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 509.
[Sun Jul  4 18:38:40 2004] cp-app.cgi: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'product_name' in 'field list' at /home/users/web/b2091/hy.smartmarkvideo/ccp5/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 509.
[Sun Jul  4 18:38:39 2004] cp-app.cgi: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'product_name' in 'field list' at /home/users/web/b2091/hy.smartmarkvideo/ccp5/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 509.
[Sun Jul  4 18:38:27 2004] cp-app.cgi: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'product_name' in 'field list' at /home/users/web/b2091/hy.smartmarkvideo/ccp5/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 509.
[Sun Jul  4 18:38:21 2004] cp-app.cgi: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'product_name' in 'field list' at /home/users/web/b2091/hy.smartmarkvideo/ccp5/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 509.
[Sun Jul  4 18:38:03 2004] cp-admin.cgi: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'product_name' in 'field list' at /home/users/web/b2091/hy.smartmarkvideo/ccp5/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 568.
[Sun Jul  4 18:37:50 2004] cp-app.cgi: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'product_name' in 'field list' at /home/users/web/b2091/hy.smartmarkvideo/ccp5/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 509.
[Sun Jul  4 18:37:48 2004] cp-app.cgi: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'product_name' in 'field list' at /home/users/web/b2091/hy.smartmarkvideo/ccp5/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 509.
[Sun Jul  4 18:37:43 2004] cp-app.cgi: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'product_name' in 'field list' at /home/users/web/b2091/hy.smartmarkvideo/ccp5/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 509.
[Sun Jul  4 18:37:37 2004] cp-app.cgi: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'product_name' in 'field list' at /home/users/web/b2091/hy.smartmarkvideo/ccp5/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 509.
[Sun Jul  4 18:33:09 2004] cp-admin.cgi: DBD::mysql::db do failed: Unknown table 'orderaddlsel' at /home/users/web/b2091/hy.smartmarkvideo/ccp5/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 529.

this is my error log

#7 07-07-2004 19:32:44

cyberws

Just out of curiourity why not do a MySQL database dump then import into your new host?

That way you don't need to do convert to CSV.  Don't forget CSV does a limit when coming back from MySQL.

Edit:

Actually dumping to a file from MySQL can be done.  You can grab all the data using an select * from table_name statement then write each table to a file.

However again I wonder why not using the MySQL dump approach.

Jeremy O

Production CCP .:. Version 6 w/QuickBuy and many in house hacks
Skills: PHP & Perl programming, Solaris & Linux server administration, Oracle OCP training and MySQL experience

#8 07-07-2004 20:56:16

TheThinker
Website

I looked at the source code corresponding to the error messages in your log file.  It is in the area of code where CCP automatically configures itself for a specific database table export.  It looks to me like your suspicions were correct: I think one or more changes made to your customized copy of CCP are the likely cause (I'm not 100% sure though).  Can you try the above approach and export from MySQL to a file (at least for the customized products table)?  If that works, then I wonder if you could work around this entire problem by: 1) exporting the products table to a MySQL export file, 2) restore the original products schema with an empty table; 3) export the rest of the CCP database tables using the CCP export to CSV function; 4) move to a new server and import the CSV tables to your new MySQL database; 5) change the schema for the products table to the custom schema; and 6) Import from the MySQL export file created in (1)?  This approach would let you handle the exceptional table by hand, and let CCP handle the "normal" tables.

If the above doesn't work, then perhaps you can export all tables from your MySQL db using the MySQL export function (mentioned in the prior post).  But there are a lot of tables in CCP so I believe the first approach will take less time.

The final approach I can think of is to modify the export / import process in CCP so that it supports your customized version.

My best GUESS at what's going on: One or more columns in the products table was renamed or added w/o a corresponding change to the database configuration table.  Also, from the last error in your log file, it looks like your version may have an entirely new table that is also not in the database configuration file.  So you could possible correct this behavior by investigating these possible causes and trying to fix them.

Hope this helps.  Let us know what approach you take and how it works out for ya!

Regards,
Eric

#9 07-07-2004 21:16:14

NewFoundMassAL

How would I go about doing a complete my SQL export? I dont want to waste your time but if you guys wanted you could AOL Instant Message me at TheRAVENAL, but you can also continue to post here with help!

I've emailed Nick once a day for a week but havent heard back, which is kinda a bummer.

#10 07-08-2004 00:40:54

cyberws

If you have PHP the easily way would be to install phpmyadmin

Once installed you can dump the whole database with just a few clicks.  You select the database then export and click on "Select all" for the table names.  Then select to include data, type of data statements full or short and finally save to a file.

Doing a database dump this way takes about 30 seconds to setup.  The dump itself can take a while depending on the number of records.

As for specific command line instructions its easier to go to  and visit the documentation and search for mysqldump then typing the command explaination here.

However either way dumping is fast as you don't have to go table by table u can dump the whole DB at once.

Good luck.

Jeremy O

Production CCP .:. Version 6 w/QuickBuy and many in house hacks
Skills: PHP & Perl programming, Solaris & Linux server administration, Oracle OCP training and MySQL experience

#11 07-13-2004 18:42:26

Todd
Website

TheThinker,07/07/2004 08:56:16 PM wrote:

I looked at the source code corresponding to the error messages in your log file.  It is in the area of code where CCP automatically configures itself for a specific database table export.  It looks to me like your suspicions were correct: I think one or more changes made to your customized copy of CCP are the likely cause (I'm not 100% sure though).  Can you try the above approach and export from MySQL to a file (at least for the customized products table)?  If that works, then I wonder if you could work around this entire problem by: 1) exporting the products table to a MySQL export file, 2) restore the original products schema with an empty table; 3) export the rest of the CCP database tables using the CCP export to CSV function; 4) move to a new server and import the CSV tables to your new MySQL database; 5) change the schema for the products table to the custom schema; and 6) Import from the MySQL export file created in (1)?  This approach would let you handle the exceptional table by hand, and let CCP handle the "normal" tables.

If the above doesn't work, then perhaps you can export all tables from your MySQL db using the MySQL export function (mentioned in the prior post).  But there are a lot of tables in CCP so I believe the first approach will take less time.

The final approach I can think of is to modify the export / import process in CCP so that it supports your customized version.

My best GUESS at what's going on: One or more columns in the products table was renamed or added w/o a corresponding change to the database configuration table.  Also, from the last error in your log file, it looks like your version may have an entirely new table that is also not in the database configuration file.  So you could possible correct this behavior by investigating these possible causes and trying to fix them.

Hope this helps.  Let us know what approach you take and how it works out for ya!

hmmmm.... sounds complicated.....

I noticed your a new user here in the forums TheThinker with less than a month on the boards... but yet seem to have somewhat of a familiararity with CCP.

Could you post one of the sites you built around CCP?

The reason I ask is that your posts seem strangely similar to a previous user that was banned here in the forums.

By posting a site you built around CCP... you could quickly negate my suspicion.

there's more than one way to...

#12 07-13-2004 19:21:56

TheThinker
Website

Todd,07/13/2004 06:42:26 PM wrote:

hmmmm.... sounds complicated.....

I noticed your a new user here in the forums TheThinker with less than a month on the boards... but yet seem to have somewhat of a familiararity with CCP.

Could you post one of the sites you built around CCP?

The reason I ask is that your posts seem strangely similar to a previous user that was banned here in the forums.

By posting a site you built around CCP... you could quickly negate my suspicion.

My main corporate web site URL is wwwimpartif.com.  I will PM you with a CCP site address of a store I'm working on for a client.

However, your post seems to me like an unusual request.  Would you please explain your point?

Regards,
Eric

#13 07-13-2004 20:21:30

TheThinker
Website

Todd D.

I've sent you a PM.   

Regards,
Eric

#14 07-13-2004 21:34:19

superhero2000
Website

Todd,

I know with whom you are referring, and I highly doubt that theThinker is that same person.  His posts are knowledegable and they have in no way been misleading to anyone.  I would assume that TheThinkers' knowledge of CCP is based on his knowledge of PERL, which based on his replies have been very insightful.   

Vinh
VQC Designs, LLC

#15 07-13-2004 22:45:36

Todd
Website

My apologies to TheThinker for doubting his credentials and identity.  I jumped the gun on this one.... and shouldn't have.  Again.... Eric, I'm sorry for that.

TheThinker did provide a working URL and I need to go stick my head in a corner for a while!  :-( 

there's more than one way to...

#16 07-14-2004 00:43:15

TheThinker
Website

superhero2000,

Thanks.  I do try to be careful in my posts.

Todd D.,

No problem.  Forgotten already.

NewFoundMassAL,

Did you find a way to solve the problem?

Regards,
Eric

#17 07-16-2004 14:41:02

webmaster
Administrator
Website

An error like:

Code:

[Sun Jul 4 19:12:16 2004] cp-app.cgi: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'product_name' in 'field list' at /home/users/web/b2091/hy.smartmarkvideo/ccp5/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 509.

Looks to me like there's still a line in the ./data/tables/config_product.csv file for the 'product_name' column.  Also, that column may still be in product.csv as well.  Delete any references to that column in those two files and try again.

BTW: A MySQL dump and restore on the new server would work as well.

Nick Hendler

Board footer