Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-05-2004 16:21:19

mattkrause
Website

Declining Balance Inventory

I am using declining balance inventory. 

If I understand the normal process correctly, the inventory count is adjusted when you finish processing an order (from the admin's Manage Orders section, mark the order lines shipped and the order complete -- then the system decrements the inventory).

That's how it's been working for me since I started using it.

But today, I see it adjusting inventory counts as soon as a customer places an order and arrives at the ste_order_conf page.  I left my computer and took a break for a few hours, and when I came back, I saw that my inventory had been reduced by orders that came in while I was gone! 

So I tested it by placing an order myself.  Sure enough, as soon as I got to the ste_order_conf page, the system decremented the inventory.

What's up with that?  Anyone know what would cause this?

Thanks for your help,

Matt

PS: Link to my store is in my signature below.

Matt Krause

#2 07-12-2004 00:59:42

mattkrause
Website

Re: Declining Balance Inventory

bump...

It's still doing it a week later.  Is this normal?  Did I just misunderstand the process from the beginning?  Is that really the way it's supposed to work, that declining balance inventory decrements when an order goes to the order confirmation page, not later when I process and ship the order from the Admin section?

I don't necessarily need a way out -- at this point I'm just looking for confirmation from others whether this is the way declining balance inventory is supposed to work.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Krause

#3 07-12-2004 02:12:44

Ed_H
Website

Hi Matt - speaking from my own experience, the inventory does in fact decline as soon as the order is confirmed and in 'Pending Shipment' status.

Don't know what was happening before but the way it's working now is the way it's supposed to work  and from .

#4 07-12-2004 02:19:41

thekiko

Hi Matt,

I am gonna have to ditto Ed's previous post.  We rely heavily on the declining inventory function and it has always behaved, for us, the same way that it is performing for your now.

TheKiko

#5 07-12-2004 02:43:47

mattkrause
Website

Thanks, Ed_H and thekiko.  That actually works really good for me, decrementing at customer's order completion, not my order processing.

I've been wrapped around a pole so tightly recently (has nothing to do with CCP functionality) that my memory is probably playing tricks on me.  Don't anyone searching this topic read any software squirrely-ness into this thread.  The squirrely-ness is all mine!  :-)

Matt

Matt Krause

Board footer