Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 06-21-2004 20:40:10

janewmw

I've Moved A Ccp Site With Mysql Db

I have taken over admin of a ccp site that uses a MySQL database and can't get the database set up on the new site. 

I'm not sure where to start.  Any help is appreciated.

#2 06-21-2004 22:32:30

Todd
Website

Re: I've Moved A Ccp Site With Mysql Db

Hello Jane and welcome,

Do you still have access to the old server?  If you do... you should be able to export the tables from the old db.  However, an easier way if you have access to the old db is to change the site back to CSV files.  Then on the new server simply drop the products CSV from the old site into the corresponding directory on the new server.

On the new server you will need to get some info in order to connect to the mysql db since it won't be exactly the same as the old server.  So you will need a db name, user name and password which should be provided by your hosting company.

Once you have all your info together... in the admin area of CCP go to

'Database Utilities'

Choose 'Configure RDBMS Connection'

Enter your details that should have been given to you by your hosting company.

Upon submitting the values successfully you should be able to use MySQL for various items.

From the selection on the left choose

'Manage Table Data Sources'.

By default all elements use CSV (Comma Separated Value).  In order to use MySQL just click on the 'Change' link.  It will automatically create the necessary tables in your DB.

Hope this helps.

there's more than one way to...

#3 06-22-2004 07:04:16

janewmw

Thanks Todd!

When I try to go to admin, I get the database error as follows:

Script Execution Error
The following error was just encountered:

DBI connect('host=localhost;database=ssistor_ccpdb','ssistor_admin',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) at /homepages/10/d104342971/htdocs/cart/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 232

Any advice,
Jane

#4 06-22-2004 08:01:34

nav
Banned

This looks to me like a DBI server module issue. Contact your web hosting service by sending them this report. They should handle this from there.

THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM THIS FORUM.

If this post contains any language related to
code samples, advice, etc., please read this
entire thread before making a decision to use
this post as a basis for any change to your
software installation.

#5 06-22-2004 08:41:35

Todd
Website

How did you install the software.  Did you do a new installation or just copy the files over from one server to another... or something else?

Do you still have access to the old installation?

#6 06-22-2004 08:47:54

janewmw

I have the old installation, I think.  We didn't do the install, and I think that's why we are having so many problems.  We do have the SQL to create the DB. 

I ftp'd the files from the old site to my workstation, then up to the new site.

Thanks, Jane

#7 06-22-2004 14:44:06

janewmw

Is there a way to switch from DB to CSV file?   

#8 06-22-2004 15:14:35

Todd
Website

janewmw,06/22/2004 08:47:54 AM wrote:

I have the old installation, I think.  We didn't do the install, and I think that's why we are having so many problems.  We do have the SQL to create the DB.

OK... there are quite a few things that could be wrong here.

First of all... if you dont have access to the old install you might have a great deal of trouble getting this to work.  When I say old install I mean an actual working installation of CCP that you are trying to transfer.  If you have access to this you can change all the values in the DB area back to CSV from MySQL.  Then once the CSV files have been updated you can reinstall the entire store on the new server.  If you do this you will also need to go thru the steps below.

First, double check that all the settings in the cp-app and cp-admin files are correctly set to your new servers configuration and paths.

Second, set all permissions according to the settings directed in the install directions. Heres a link

Third, create a new MySQL db on the new server.  Then within CCP connect to the DB via the instructions I posted previously in this forum string.  Then change the values as you see the need from CSV to MySQL.

Again... if you only have the files from the old install and the site was using MySQL for many of its elements.... it is not likely you are going to get it to work without some major headaches!   Since CCP can be database driven... it is not a simple drag and drop routine to install it on another server.

In addition to this... server environments change from one machine to the next... a number of things may come into play.. that is the paths, urls, ssl paths, perl path, does the new server have all the system requirements that CCP needs, and more.

#9 06-24-2004 11:01:45

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The best way to go from one site to another using MySQL is to import everything on the old site back into CSV and then download it.  Do an FTP install on the new site with these files, then configure MySQL and export on the new site.

Nick Hendler

Board footer