Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 06-05-2004 01:25:38

jnimmo

Background Image

I`ve followed all the instructions in the previous posts:

My background image (a `GIF`) has been uploaded to the `site` part of the images file;
I`ve checked and re-checked the image path, and it does match the image`s name;
The CGIGET script is present;
The `use background image` box has `YES` in it.

I wondered if my image was too large (in pixels) and so I tried a shrunken version of 640 x 480, but that didn`t work. I also tried using a product image that works elsewhere on the site, but no luck! Changing the colour of the background works, but not displaying my image ...

What have I done/not done? Help, please!

Jackie

#2 06-05-2004 06:32:53

nav
Banned

Re: Background Image

Please post your URL. In the mean time, post the CGIGET command you used to find out if you used it correctly.

As an alternative, since it seems you have uploaded from the admin section, try uploading your images from the FTP to see if it makes a difference. If it does, it would simply be permissions issue to correct.

THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM THIS FORUM.

If this post contains any language related to
code samples, advice, etc., please read this
entire thread before making a decision to use
this post as a basis for any change to your
software installation.

#3 06-05-2004 06:59:15

jnimmo

My URL is:  wwwall-hand-made.co.uk/ccp51/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi

(If you want to see the actual background I want to use, leave off all the ccp51 bit of the above address).

(CGIGET TYPE="SUB" VALUE="ste_exec_bodytag")

Tha above script hasn`t been touched.  I can`t upload the image with ftp, as I don`t have one. 

Any ideas?

Jackie

#4 06-05-2004 09:38:21

nav
Banned

Tha above script hasn`t been touched. I can`t upload the image with ftp, as I don`t have one.

Any ideas?

Do you have a web panel ? If so, upload your bgimage through there (/media/site folder). Then, replace the FFFFFF color with  in your HTML settings. That should give it a go to your bgimage.

Also, I have noticed that your title images are too small. You might want to re-configure your global settings, HTML settings in your admin section.

THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM THIS FORUM.

If this post contains any language related to
code samples, advice, etc., please read this
entire thread before making a decision to use
this post as a basis for any change to your
software installation.

#5 06-06-2004 12:09:07

webmaster
Administrator
Website

You can use the CCP upload utility (under File Utilities | File Upload) to upload images to the Site directory.  Just upload the background image to that folder.

Nick Hendler

#6 06-07-2004 04:40:12

jnimmo

Web panel?  Do you mean my host`s control panel?  Sorry to be dim, but I`m still new to all this .....  I did try replacing FFFFFF with "", to see what happened and the background went black.  You`re right about the title image being too small, I just haven`t got to that yet! 

I was using CCP`s File Utility feature to upload all my images.  The others all work fine (product photos of assorted sizes, the banner, trial titles etc)  It`s only the background image that doesn`t work.

More help, please!

Jackie

#7 06-15-2004 11:55:28

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Looks like there's a problem with the settings table now.  Re-upload that file in BINARY mode.

Nick Hendler

Board footer