Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 05-25-2004 21:14:06

newbery

Reinstallation Error

I just upgraded from RedHat 7.3 to RedHat Enterprise.  Moved the CCP cgi-bin files over to the new drive (using "cp -Rp").  Now I'm seeing the following syntax error when I click on the checkout button.

Script Execution Error
The following error was just encountered:

syntax error at /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/ccp5/library/modules/ste_chkout.pl line 1368, near "$the_date_difference GT "
syntax error at /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/ccp5/library/modules/ste_chkout.pl line 1713, near "}"
Compilation failed in require at /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/ccp5/library/common/initialize.pl line 291.

Any suggestions?

#2 05-26-2004 01:11:10

newbery

Re: Reinstallation Error

More info...

The apache error log shows the following (edited for clarity):

cp-app.cgi: Bareword found where operator expected at /home/.../cgi-bin/ccp5/library/modules/ste_chkout.pl
            line 1368, near "$the_date_difference GT", referer:

cp-app.cgi: !(Missing operator before GT?), referer:

cp-app.cgi: String found where operator expected at /home/.../cgi-bin/ccp5/library/modules/ste_chkout.pl
            line 1368, near "GT "0"", referer:

cp-app.cgi: !(Do you need to predeclare GT?), referer:

#3 05-26-2004 07:36:40

nav
Banned

Hi,

it looks like you tried to implement an incompatible module in ste_chkout.pl (probably for your shipping settings). If it's not the case, I'd ask my hosting service, by sending my web error logs, to check that out.

THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM THIS FORUM.

If this post contains any language related to
code samples, advice, etc., please read this
entire thread before making a decision to use
this post as a basis for any change to your
software installation.

#4 05-26-2004 09:23:18

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Code:

$the_date_difference GT

Has to be the result of a hack to ste_chkout.pl.  It's not in the standard tiki version.  Make sure all mods were done correctly.

Nick Hendler

#5 05-26-2004 12:06:18

newbery

The relevant bits of the web error log are shown.

Also, this is 5.0, not tiki. 

The code cited looks like it has something to do with discounts.  It's not a special mod.  Again, this is a straight copy of the files.  Cart worked before the RedHat/Ensim upgrade and copy.  No changes were made to the files.  Before the upgrade all MySQL sources were converted to CSV then converted back after the upgrade.  That was the only action performed on the cart in the interim.

I'm thinking it's a server enviroment thing but I'm at a loss at what it could be.

#6 05-26-2004 12:12:21

newbery

More info...

Thinking that there might some issue with the Perl environment I installed a nifty freeware diagnostic script called perldigger (http://sniptools.com/vault/perldigger.htm) but it just hangs halfway through -- displaying the page until it gets to the point immediately before the list of installed modules and then never finishes.

This seems to support my suspicion but it doesn't help identify the problem.  Any suggestions?

#7 05-26-2004 12:31:39

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I'm sorry - either tiki or CCP5 - that line isn't in there (unless you've made a mod).  Re-upload an original copy of /ccp5/library/modules/ste_chkout.pl from your install file.

Nick Hendler

#8 05-26-2004 12:56:47

newbery

I'm not familiar with the history of this installation but the owner says that no mods were installed.  Only two cart "upgrades" were performed. 

I wish I could do a fresh install (or at least do a diff on the files) but again there were two upgrades since the original and the owner is not sure where the originals are.  Is there any way I can get a clean copy of the file for comparison purposes?

#9 05-26-2004 13:07:24

newbery

Correction.

It appears as if a mod was done a couple of months ago.  Trying to find more details now.

#10 05-26-2004 14:32:33

newbery

Fixed now.  The mod was the problem.   Thanks

#11 05-26-2004 15:38:39

nav
Banned

So there was something incompatible in the file after all. smile

THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM THIS FORUM.

If this post contains any language related to
code samples, advice, etc., please read this
entire thread before making a decision to use
this post as a basis for any change to your
software installation.

Board footer