Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-01-2004 18:24:31

GuitarPartsUSA

Invoice

The Click Cart invoice does not look like any invoice I have ever seen. It does not have a space for the company name, it has the information spread out all over the place, the shipping information is in with the items sold, the items sold do not have a price, The items sold section is about 30 characters wide, the same information in the first four double spaced lines is repeated at the bottom. It takes two pages to print an invoice for one part, it has huge ink consuming, useless lines, and did I mention, it does not even come close to looking like one.
Does anyone have experience with making a new one? We had CCP make one for our CCP 4 version before we started using it, and it was really nice. I made the mistake of assuming that since CCP 5 had an invoice, it would look like one.
We have contacted two people recomended by CCP and no help so far.

#2 04-01-2004 18:59:59

scoutch
Banned

Re: Invoice

In ste_order.pl file, find this routine :

You can customize all you want from there.

THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM THIS FORUM.

If this post contains any language related to
code samples, advice, etc., please read this
entire thread before making a decision to use
this post as a basis for any change to your
software installation.

#3 04-02-2004 09:54:52

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The version 5.1 invoice is very nicely formatted.  Perhaps an upgrade is in order.

Nick Hendler

#4 04-02-2004 10:02:51

scoutch
Banned

Ohh ! it's true. This is a 5.0 issue. Nick is definitely right. smile

THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM THIS FORUM.

If this post contains any language related to
code samples, advice, etc., please read this
entire thread before making a decision to use
this post as a basis for any change to your
software installation.

#5 04-02-2004 16:58:23

GuitarPartsUSA

I posted this in the wrong place. We do have 5.1 and everything I said above applies to it.

#6 04-09-2004 07:46:37

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I feel the invoice is nicely formatted.  To add a logo or company info, edit the HTML Page (System) named 'Online Store - Printable Order Display'.

Nick Hendler

#7 04-13-2004 17:39:03

GuitarPartsUSA

Nick, if you go to the Office Supply and buy a book of Blank Invoices, you will find that even they, are Formatted better than yours. 

#8 04-13-2004 19:55:43

BlossomPink
Website

Actually I think its quite nice.  I have added my company logo to the top and a few other details at the bottom.  I think its fabby!

BlossomPink

BlossomPink

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

#9 04-13-2004 21:33:55

darnell

GuitarPartsUSA,04/01/2004 06:24:31 PM wrote:

I made the mistake of assuming that since CCP 5 had an invoice, it would look like one.

Looks like someone failed to do their homework and now is upset about that fact.  There is a full demo of CCP51 available on Clickcartpro.com .  Anything assumed if the buyers fault.  The demo allows anyone to see both the Admin and Customer side of CCP51 prior to making a purchase.  That includes being able to see the invoice format.

The invoice works for me and I've never had a complaint.  I made a few minor tweaks because I wanted even more information on the invoice and I was able to make those changes myself with help from Nick.  Simply by asking questions here on this message board and making the code changes.

As the saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder :-) .

#10 04-14-2004 03:50:19

Brains

Plus the fact that it can be customised!

International Award Winning Professional Web Design
MySQL Database Design, PHP
UK Hosting on Dedicated Servers
As featured in the Financial Times, ISP World and others.

#11 04-14-2004 19:57:12

GuitarPartsUSA

Darnell,  Go back to the original post. I am not trying to get something for nothing. I am trying to find someone who can fix it, so it is usable for my application. I don't care if version 5.1 or 6 or 8 ever has a decent invoice. I just need someone to fix mine because, I don't know how.
This is the question.
"Does anyone have experience with making a new one? We had CCP make one for our CCP 4 version before we started using it, and it was really nice. I made the mistake of assuming that since CCP 5 had an invoice, it would look like one.
We have contacted two people recomended by CCP and no help so far"

#12 04-14-2004 20:54:05

BlossomPink
Website

Hi

Do you still have the one ccp made for you?  If so I can show you were to put it!

If not do you have your back ups from your previous version.  If you do then it will be in there.

Do you have an idea of what you want your invoice to look like?  Can you write html?

If you can write html then you just add it to the printable order file.  I can show you where that is if you need me to.

Take Care

BlossomPink

BlossomPink

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

#13 04-14-2004 21:13:40

darnell

I've never mentioned someone is trying for something for nothing.  I am saying that someone is treating a usable tool like less than it is.  I hope you do get your invoices adjusted to your satisfaction, but the way you've talked down about the invoices may lead some who can fix your problem to believe you are a bad customer.  As the saying goes, you can get more bees with honey!

#14 04-15-2004 14:44:14

TerryA
Website

BlossomPink,04/14/2004 08:54:05 PM wrote:

Do you still have the one ccp made for you?  If so I can show you were to put it!

Too bad it wasn't that simple.  What Nick did for him earlier was create a custom script that prints his invoice.  This custom script will not work with CCP51.

#15 05-13-2004 18:53:53

GuitarPartsUSA

Follow Up---- Mark, at ATS, made me a new invoice. It is installed and works perfectly. It has our company name/address, customer name/address,room for about 15 items with descriptions, it gives the price for each, extended price, shipping, and total. All on one page.
I have forgot the name of the person who also needed a different invoice but, I would like to tell you that this one is great and well worth the $225 that Mark charged for it. Mark also installed the SEO Module for me. Since I do not know, nor do I want to know, the codes, terminology, and inner workings of websites, I am grateful to those who do.  Thanks Mark, you do good work.

Board footer