Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 05-04-2004 09:47:09

v3o

New/old Ccp5 Installation (moved Hosts)

I was forced to make an emergency hosting move last week and left behind the files for CCP5.0 on the old server. I have two main questions about how I can "move" the CCP5.0 software to the new host or if I can at all.

1. Is there a way to reinstall the software onto the new host and reutilize the files in /media and /cgi-bin? I moved those files, but couldn't get to the actual application files down in the root of the server. (Does this mean I have to repurchase CCP? and if so; can it "import" the existing categories/products that I've created in the past?

2. I have clients beating me over the head that everything "ccp" is down. Is there a "fast" way to reimplement given the scenario presented in Question No. 1?

I'd be happy to pay someone to do the install work if they can guarantee that they'd recover the existing data/products/etc.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

John Martin
IT Development/V3O Productions

#2 05-04-2004 10:58:54

scoutch
Banned

Re: New/old Ccp5 Installation (moved Hosts)

Is there a way to reinstall the software onto the new host and reutilize the files in /media and /cgi-bin? I moved those files, but couldn't get to the actual application files down in the root of the server. (Does this mean I have to repurchase CCP? and if so; can it "import" the existing categories/products that I've created in the past?

Q.1 : Before answering that question, it'd be safe to ask if your new host operates from Linux OS or Windows Server OS first.

I have clients beating me over the head that everything "ccp" is down. Is there a "fast" way to reimplement given the scenario presented in Question No. 1?

Q.2 : Q.1 would need to be answered first.

I'd be happy to pay someone to do the install work if they can guarantee that they'd recover the existing data/products/etc.

Is it a US or UK version actually ?

THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM THIS FORUM.

If this post contains any language related to
code samples, advice, etc., please read this
entire thread before making a decision to use
this post as a basis for any change to your
software installation.

#3 05-04-2004 11:12:42

v3o

Scoutch,

Thanks for your quick reply.

The servers are my partner's (actually so is the CCP registration). The hosting company is HiVelocity.com and we had an English version of CCP 5.0 running on a Windows box on the OLD server. The new server is also Windows and I've moved over the "local" CCP-related files to this box (/cgi-bin, and /media files). Not sure if it's "shared" or "dedicated" enviro, but I have all necessary FTP access into the box... (not root however, which is why I thought it'd be easier to get someone else to do this install that has done it on remote hosts such as HiVelocity.net/com)

The box runs CGI/PERL/PHP and is configured with the necessary "ccp" files I copied from old host into this enviro. (/CGI-BIN, and /media)

Also, another question occurs to me. My client needs to access the ADMIN login to retrieve user info. I use CCP as an online registration center in this instance, and she needs to find our who's registered for the event(s) up to our crash. Is there a way to access the data other than through //domain.com/cgi-bin/cp-admin.pl ?

Thanks again for your assistance. I need all the help I can get and yours is so appreciated!

John Martin/V3O

#4 05-04-2004 11:28:35

scoutch
Banned

That pretty much explains in details your Q.1.

Now,

The hosting company is HiVelocity.com and we had an English version of CCP 5.0 running on a Windows box on the OLD server. The new server is also Windows and I've moved over the "local" CCP-related files to this box (/cgi-bin, and /media files). Not sure if it's "shared" or "dedicated" enviro, but I have all necessary FTP access into the box... (not root however, which is why I thought it'd be easier to get someone else to do this install that has done it on remote hosts such as HiVelocity.net/com)

Q.1 : You'd need, either way, to ask your ISP to set your cgi-bin, data and media folders permissions to : Power Users setting from his IIS (or Apache) settings.

In details, the customer cannot just create a cgi-bin folder and set his own permissions settings (especially in windows). Also, since your service is based on WinOS, you cannot set permissions to data and media yourself neither. You'd need to be at least on a linux server to do so. Otherwise, it is still a server restriction under Windows Server.

My client needs to access the ADMIN login to retrieve user info. I use CCP as an online registration center in this instance, and she needs to find our who's registered for the event(s) up to our crash. Is there a way to access the data other than through //domain.com/cgi-bin/cp-admin.pl ?

The answer would not be in cp-admin.pl but in /data/tables/settings.csv file for personal user based information which can be retrieved by FTP (or web panel). However, I'd recommend you rename your data folder to another name folder for your safety. Then, you could edit the data folder's initial under : cp-admin.cgi and cp-app.cgi files.

software installation.

#5 05-04-2004 17:21:31

v3o

Yeah that makes sense on the /data/..., but I can't access those folders on the old enviro. Guess I'm dead in the water until I can get into the old boxes and retrieve that user data... I will still have an issue of once I get the data folders and the other data/cleint specific info, because I'll have to re-install the software still. Isn't there an issue with moving software from one location/host to another?

#6 05-05-2004 08:42:28

scoutch
Banned

Isn't there an issue with moving software from one location/host to another?

The only issue you would have would be to re-fill the registration form once all your files will be moved to the new server (and this is normal procedure).

software installation.

Board footer