Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-30-2004 17:00:38

wclathe

User Account Extension

we have installed and are using the CCP script and its working wonderfully... but we have a small issue that is becoming a larger one..

most of our products are either things they download from a directory or that they get access to in a directory to view.

right now we just set up by hand (.htaccess) a username/password and then delete it by hand when they are finished with their allotted time, but as we get more customers...

we've been looking at password/membership scripts,

Has anyone hacked a interface or done a module that extends the user database of CCP to give access to directories/online products, preferably something that would do it automatically after they paid (give them an access password, etc) and perhaps accept/deny access on a time schedule (like 24 hours after access, or a month or a year depending on payment, etc).

It would be great if we could get this automated and integrate it with ccp!

any ideas?

#2 04-30-2004 19:14:51

Brains

Re: User Account Extension

Lots of free scripts you could try.

BRAINS

International Award Winning Professional Web Design
MySQL Database Design, PHP
UK Hosting on Dedicated Servers
As featured in the Financial Times, ISP World and others.

#3 05-02-2004 12:31:29

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I'm looking at doing such a module in zuma (CCP6).  Tying this to the custacct table is a great idea.  I'm not sure if something like this would be available right at launch or later this summer - but I'll look at it.

Nick Hendler

#4 05-03-2004 19:26:06

wclathe

thanks, I'll look foward to that, it would be of great use to us and an incentive to upgrade immediately smile.

as to cgi-resources, from brain, thank you. Unfortunately, though there are some great scripts there to set up a separate membership/password account system (though none i could find that had time limited accounts from first access etc).... the ideal solution would be to be integrated to CCP and 'automated' (they buy, access given)... so we'll wait to see what CCP6 comes up with big_smile

Board footer