Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-03-2004 09:30:30

GuitarPartsUSA

Invoice

I originally posted this in the CCP5 Area by mistake. What I am talking about is CCP 5.1   Perhaps someone can delete the original post.

The Click Cart invoice does not look like any invoice I have ever seen. It does not have a space for the company name, it has the information spread out all over the place, the shipping information is in with the items sold, the items sold do not have a price, The items sold section is about 30 characters wide, the same information in the first four double spaced lines is repeated at the bottom. It takes two pages to print an invoice for one part, it has huge ink consuming, useless lines, and did I mention, it does not even come close to looking like one.
Does anyone have experience with making a new one? We had CCP make one for our CCP 4 version before we started using it, and it was really nice. And, I would like to say that we had very few problems with CCP4. Our reason for change was, minor shipping problems. I made the mistake of assuming that since CCP 5.1 had an invoice, it would look like one.
We have contacted two people recomended by CCP and no help so far. 

#2 04-03-2004 09:44:23

scoutch
Banned

Re: Invoice

I already replied to it. Go to the ste_order.pl file and modify the 'ste_order_invoice_disp' routine. You can do anything from there.

However, if you do not know how to proceed, I'd suggest you send a quote to ATS, he will customize your invoice for you (quickly and fairly).

THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM THIS FORUM.

If this post contains any language related to
code samples, advice, etc., please read this
entire thread before making a decision to use
this post as a basis for any change to your
software installation.

#3 04-04-2004 10:02:05

dregna
Website

Seems to me like that would be the wrong routine to edit to change the "look" of the invoice.

dregna

#4 04-04-2004 10:07:31

scoutch
Banned

If you look at the element invoice file, you will see that the routine is forwarded in there.

software installation.

#5 04-04-2004 19:12:24

GuitarPartsUSA

Scoutch, if the ATS that you recomended is a guy named Mark, we did contact Him two or three weeks ago. He said He would look at it and get back with us. We have not heard from Him since.

#6 04-04-2004 19:47:34

scoutch
Banned

He must have a lot of coding requests. May be you should send him an update message.

software installation.

#7 04-06-2004 08:16:27

LKOS

I totally agree with GuitarPartsUSA, that's not an invoice, that's just order confirmation. Many time, I need to create extra invoice because a lot of customers don't like to see there invoice that way. I also contact ATS and they asked me about $299.00 to modify it. Which is more expensive that Tiki itself.
My feeling is that we should have an update or patch for this. Don't you think so ..? 

#8 04-06-2004 08:35:16

scoutch
Banned

Ok . . . this is of course expensive. The best thing to do then would be to wait for Nick to see if he can customize your invoice.

software installation.

#9 04-06-2004 12:57:23

kiwimum
Website

I agree.  When printing off the Tiki invoices to process orders, it wastes a lot of paper.  I've been entering orders into Quickbooks and printing invoices there.  This triples the time I have to spend on each order - but the invoices look more professional.  I'd love it if they updated the invoice look.

Jessica
:: CCP5 > CCP6 > Magento > CCP7

#10 04-06-2004 13:05:28

scoutch
Banned

I understand that invoices should be customizable and it has already been suggested for the 6.0 version.

For the moment, let's hear Nick's version about this when he'll get back.

software installation.

#11 04-06-2004 19:13:54

darnell

I didn't want to post and start a debate, but I think CCP51 is great and for the price a steal.  Even at the current $179.99 price.  I think it is fair that report customizations cost extra.  If they are easily customizable in v6, then all the more reason for people to upgrade and continue supporting a good product that has always been underpriced.  I never felt they looked so bad considering all that CCP51 can do.  Not to mention the few minor modifications I made to mine I was able to do myself after getting a little advice here in these forums.  Some of that advice was given by Nick himself, who probably should have charged me for the time.

#12 04-06-2004 19:17:07

scoutch
Banned

I agree. I think it would be a great idea if we had the possibility to customize our invoices and checkout presentation. More people seems to want this feature to be in. smile

software installation.

Board footer