Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-23-2004 18:46:11

Beran

Less: $10.00 Off All Orders Sale

Hi,

I have been reading the manul and the forums and I see many posts about applying discounts and how to do it. But no answer specificly about the problem I'm having.

I have a new install and I'm still in the testing phase before we go live. To check that credit cards are being processed currently I created a Catagory and Product with a price of $3.00.

Everything works up until the checkout page. The item is listed and priced correctly. However I get a line item that says "LESS: $10.00 Off All Orders Sale".

Working in reverse, I thought I may have set this up accidently. But, the catagory and product are both set to Inactive. I went Orders & Payments/Manage Discount Codes and nothing is listed there.

Considering the example store that comes with the install, I figured there is a setting somewhere that I need to change or turn off. But I cant find it. Can anyone help with this?

Second Question:

After reading the posts on the forum about how to setup Coupons, my understanding is that if I set up a Coupon, I still have to go through every catagory and product to turn on the Coupon??   That cant be right, when I'm finished adding all the products I will 2183. I cant go in everytime I create coupon and change every product! I must be reading, or understanding, this completely wrong.

Thanks for you help

#2 03-23-2004 19:04:08

scoutch
Banned

Re: Less: $10.00 Off All Orders Sale

Q.1 : Go to your admin section, main menu, global settings and disable the : Custom checkout option.

Q.2 : You have a good point there. Even I can't believe it sometimes but it is still a great software. If you want to apply discounts more quickly to your products, go to : /data/tables/discount.csv file and change  to :  (especially if you have 2183 products. It is the best thing to do).

THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM THIS FORUM.

If this post contains any language related to
code samples, advice, etc., please read this
entire thread before making a decision to use
this post as a basis for any change to your
software installation.

#3 03-23-2004 19:18:25

Beran

Thanks!   That worked well smile

If the developers are reading the board there is a bug in the addition/subtraction.

Before I turned off the custom settings, the discount was giving me a negative number.

3.00 - 10.00 = -7.00

Thanks for the help and the work around smile

#4 03-30-2004 11:17:51

webmaster
Administrator
Website

After reading the posts on the forum about how to setup Coupons, my understanding is that if I set up a Coupon, I still have to go through every catagory and product to turn on the Coupon?? That cant be right, when I'm finished adding all the products I will 2183. I cant go in everytime I create coupon and change every product! I must be reading, or understanding, this completely wrong.

Discount codes work independent of category discounts and sale items.  They're checkout based.  There's no need to update anything but the discount code to make it active.

Nick Hendler

Board footer