Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-09-2004 22:23:33

arogers
Website

What Ccp51 Needs

I've become really tired of ploughing through dozens and dozens of elements and .pl files just to change layout and text. To an outsider, honestly it’s ridiculous, boring and wastes a HEAP of time.

Is there already, or could the developers of this software make a manual which has something like for e.g. JPG or PDF screen shots of varoius pages, with arrows that point to particular parts, with a tag showing which element relates to it.  A simple, powerful and effective solution, saving everyone a lot of time.

In fact, if anyone wants to take the time to do this, and do it properly, I’ll pay them for it!  I’m up to 6 weeks behind schedule, I’m going cross eyed and starting to see data element names etc in my sleep.

:-)

#2 03-10-2004 03:32:25

mattkrause
Website

Re: What Ccp51 Needs

Hi arogers,

Given the frustration level you describe, I imagine you've already become more familiar with which elements are at play than you ever wanted to know.  But for what it's worth...

I went through almost every single last one of the elements (and HTML Pages), and added in "<!--this starts the xxx element-->" and "<!--this ends the xxx element-->".  Whenever I came across a CGI script being called (like in the HTML Pages), I noted that, too.

So if it's of any help, go to wwwhomesickturk.com/ccp51/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi, right-click to view the source code, and you'll see the element and CGI script labels I've put in (the site is still under construction).  That won't help you for your site, but maybe it'll help you piggyback on labeling work I've already done.

I agree that having these comments already inserted (or a screen shot or something like you describe) would be very helpful for future generations of CCP customers.

Good luck with your site, and making up for those lost six weeks! As Bill Clinton would say, "I feel your pain"!  :-)

Matt 

Matt Krause

#3 03-10-2004 04:28:34

darlanne

I totally agree.  I just went digging through those element files today.  I think I'll get it, but yeah, I do think it's going to take a chunk out of my timeline to get it all working the way I want.

#4 03-13-2004 07:11:18

arogers
Website

Thanks Matt, that will help.
BTW I love your product page layout and cart view.

Board footer