Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-19-2004 00:20:25

m j
Website

Order Check Process

I think I remember someone mentioning how when you go to checkout there is a link to tell you to follow to create a new account or login. This just doesn't seem to make mcuh sense. I don't really see the purpose of this page unless there is some sale or discount on certain items.

I think it would be better if you had the discounts and sub total all displayed on the shopping cart page, and then once you click the checkout button it asks you for a login on the next page, or a link to create a new account, and if you allow people to order without creating a perminate account then you could have that on that page also.

Its just that this extra page seems like it really adds more unecesary work for the customer that should be on the shopping cart page before they click checkout.

I think it should also have discounts and sales per item, so you can see which item you are getting the discount on.

Although it would be nice to have shipping calculation on the shopping cart page also, I don't think its NEAR as important as getting the itemized discounts and subtotal on the shopping cart page so that the flow of the checkout process is simpler and quicker to use.

As far as I am concerned this is a HUGE suggestion. I haven't spent too much time looking into other improvements for the order checkout flow, but this was a huge one that didn't require much contemplation.

Perl, MySQL, XHTML, CSS, Web Usability, XML
Matt Johnson

Board footer