Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-12-2002 14:06:51

Hilery
Website

Feature Request for new version?

Hey folks!

We are absolutely loving the new CCP5.  Perhaps a new feature that could be added later on down the road...  Have a way to select multiple relationships instead of adding them one at a time.  I know that when creating relationships for product options, adding them one at a time gets pretty time consuming and a "multiple selection" feature would make this designer's life easier!

Kudos on a fabulous product!

#2 08-12-2002 14:08:30

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Feature Request for new version?

May be tricky to implement, but we'll look at it when the time comes.  Thanks.

Nick Hendler

#3 08-12-2002 19:17:08

While we are talking about adding new features, how about a way to issue and track RMAs?  Would this be a difficult addition?

#4 08-12-2002 19:43:52

webmaster
Administrator
Website

You're going to have to fill me in.  What's an RMA?

Nick Hendler

#5 08-12-2002 21:40:16

Hilery
Website

Return Merchandise Authorization

#6 08-13-2002 07:47:49

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Could you please run down the flow for implementing something like that.  It sounds interesting.

Nick Hendler

#7 08-15-2002 07:49:32

I haven't put a lot of thought into how the RMA would work but I will provide what I would like to see at this point in time.

I see it as a form that the customer who wishes to return an item could fill out and be issued an authorization to return the goods by admin approval.  They would be issued an email with a tracking number that they must include on the returned package.

The form would need input fields where the customer could fill out their purchasing information and the reason for the return.

The admin would need to be able to have a place to make notes about the returned shipment and what the conclusion of the transaction is once the package has been returned.

Maybe someone else that has more experience with handling RMAs could add thier input.

#8 08-15-2002 08:27:59

webmaster
Administrator
Website

This could be handled currently by building out a dynamic form and updating the comments section for each order with the RMA info.

Nick Hendler

#9 08-15-2002 08:58:55

Will
Website

OK... I actually had thoughts along this line, however I'm not sure exactly what you are saying.  I've built a dynamic form called rma.  I can view and submit the form.  However there is no real means for generating an RMA#.  Is it possible to have a hidden textbox field in the form that the person filling it out won't see but would show up in the confirmation email to the customer? (Like where to ship, and what procedure to follow).  I'm thinking hidden fields on the form would be the best way to pass things through to the confirmation email without having to make it so all confirmations (for other forms) get the same information. 

Also is there any way to make it display text box's a little bigger in the form?  For this form, I need to make the address box's longer I think. 

The next paragraph is thoughts on how it could work going forward in the next version... or heck maybe even a "module" before the next release. wink I'd pay something for it. 

The system would generate an RMA# exactly the same as an order, but instead of the standard order string at the begining have an alternate string at the begining such as RMA(user selectable just like on an order).  It could send the confirmation emails just like an order.  We would know it was an RMA when we got the order because of the order number.  However it could post a big string in the start of the email to the owner that says **********************RMA***********************  Or something like that just to make it easier to spot.  It could actualy send the companies email confirmation to a different email address.  That would work best probably.  like RMA@yourcompany.com 

Will
wwwstnecorp.com
(New cart to be online as soon as I've got it looking right)

Will

#10 08-15-2002 09:11:36

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Hidden fields are not doable with the current dynamic form setup, but if you build your own HTML form out and post in, you could include a hidden field and it would be picked up. 

Check out ./data/examples/dynamicform.htm

For the API on remote form posts.  As for a module, perhaps in a future version, but we're going to need a lot of requests for inclusion from users before coding it.

Nick Hendler

Board footer