Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-11-2002 15:24:50

Edit .csv Tables

What is a good editor for the .csv tables.  I ahve already figured out that using the cp-admin to make every association and enter every product will take forever. 

I tried Quatro pro, but it seems that the delimination didn't work perfectly.

I think it would be a lot easier to enter products in a large spreadsheet than to do it through the cp-admin.  In fact I could then manipulate existing spreadsheets into a format where they could be cut past and then saved back to the comma delimited format. 

#2 08-11-2002 15:46:21

Re: Edit .csv Tables

MS Excel seems to work very well. Any spreadsheet software that will save a .cvs file should work.

#3 08-11-2002 15:51:36

Yup.  Quatro Pro works just fine too. I just forgot and downloaded them in ASCII the first time.  Oops.

#4 08-11-2002 16:05:44

Oh thats a lot bettter.  I just added 5 product and related them to a category in less time than it takes to do one through the admin.

#5 08-11-2002 17:44:56

I can't seem to keep the stuff in the right fields.  I modify it, save it, and when I open it again it has all moved back to where it was.  Weird.

#6 08-11-2002 18:45:44

webmaster
Administrator
Website

We haven't had any problems with Excel other than the fact that it wants to format prices back to integers, so when using it, make sure before you save the file off you have x.xx prices.

The only foolproof way of doing your edits is to use a text editor like Notepad.

Nick Hendler

Board footer