Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-11-2002 07:26:54

Why no emails?

Ok, before I integrated the authorize.net I was getting emails to the buyer and to me (seller). That was when the option was "contact for payment". Now that it is "pay with credit card" I dont get the emails (none of them). I get the finalize html page on the site, but no confirmation email is mailed. I haven't changed anything regarding email settings and can not find anything in ccp that is different. I ssh to my site and did a "mail webmaster@deadlydudley.com" and it worked instantly (I got the email). So, any suggestions why I am no longer getting email orders?

#2 08-11-2002 07:32:16

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Why no emails?

Can you verify that the order status is flipping from "pending payment" to "pending shipment" or "completed" for the order in question?

Nick Hendler

#3 08-11-2002 08:10:57

I wasnt actually going in and changing the status of the orders. Shouldnt there be an email initiated when the order is processed?
The buyer should get a confirmation and the seller should get a notification that an order has been placed? Those are not coming through.  I went and changed one of the test orders to "pending shipment" and then to "order completed"... waited 5 minutes and no emails from that either.

Greg

#4 08-11-2002 08:16:36

webmaster
Administrator
Website

No, what I'm asking is whether the status changed on the order as a result of the post back from Authorize.net?  If the status isn't changing, the order confirm routine isn't being executed.  Did the status change or were they all still pending payment?

Nick Hendler

#5 08-11-2002 09:00:30

Oh, they are all still pending payment. But are showing up in authorize.net. So, what does that mean?

#6 08-11-2002 09:14:51

Alright, I mean, I realize that means that the order confirmation routine is not executing. But if the buyer is getting to the confirmation html, what could possibly be happening so the rest isnt executing?

#7 08-11-2002 09:34:14

webmaster
Administrator
Website

We just emailed you about this.  I want to test this out too just to make sure it's a data issue and not a code issue.

Nick Hendler

#8 08-11-2002 09:39:50

webmaster
Administrator
Website

One other thing - You're not just hitting the back button and processing orders that you already received emails on, are you?  The confirm routine is only going to kick off one set of emails then delete the cart.  If the cart's gone, the order won't process a second time even though it will confirm every time.  Just a thought.

Nick Hendler

#9 08-11-2002 09:47:45

Just emailed you.

Nope. I can't say I haven't done this to get an authorization from authnet, but once I did, I started from scratch and went thru the whole process of adding to cart and filling out all the info and submitting the card info again. THRICE (once this morning even). No confirmation emails.

#10 08-11-2002 10:33:54

webmaster
Administrator
Website

This resolved around a cookie issue on the server.  It is a very isolated incident where the server couldn't read cookie info and was flipping the usr number so the cart couldn't get recognized.  We've updated the install file so users don't run into this, but will not be releasing a patch because it's so isolated, no one else should run into it.

Nick Hendler

Board footer