Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-09-2002 10:22:14

Mail Routing

Ok, the mail routing works.  Whenever I use an address that isn't hypermart banned all the mail comes through when piped to qmail-inject, but whenever going to one of the other addresses I use for testing then nothing.

I have a couple pop services, but they require authentication for smtp.  How do I set up what they need to work?

#2 08-09-2002 15:59:44

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Mail Routing

Don't worry about POPs.  Just check with Hypermart for the name or IP of their SMTP server.  Your physical server should have access to it without authentication.  Plug in the POPs as the owner and order email addresses as they have to do with getting mail, not sending it.

Nick Hendler

#3 08-09-2002 16:14:48

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I use smtp/pop services that are not at hypermart.  I do no use hypermarts smtp server.  I don't even know if they have one.  Both of the SMTP servers I have access to require authentication for sending e-mail. 

#4 08-10-2002 09:56:01

webmaster
Administrator
Website

They've got to have one.  Just email them and find out what it is.  I think they run Linux over there, so you may have luck using a sendmail path (read the install section in the manual for common sendmail entries).

Nick Hendler

#5 08-10-2002 10:09:36

Their sendmail is qmail-inject.  I have checked.  I have to upgrade my service another level with them to use their smtp/pop services.  Something I am not willing to do until the sales at the site justify it. 

Qmail-inject works, except that the it seems to be banned by many pop services so I can't e-mail them using it. 

#6 08-10-2002 10:51:59

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Search the web for the name of an open relay SMTP server and use that.  They're hard to find, but some still exist out there.

Nick Hendler

Board footer