Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-09-2002 00:54:34

new installation error

With the updated install I get this...
Script Execution Error
The following error was just encountered:

Can't locate loadable object for module DBI in @INC (@INC contains: /home/edentitymedia.com/cgi-bin/modules /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl . /home/edentitymedia.com/cgi-bin/dbi) at /home/edentitymedia.com/cgi-bin/dbi/DBI.pm line 243

Any ideas?

#2 08-09-2002 08:26:14

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: new installation error

Make sure that all the files in ./cgi-bin/dbi were uploaded in ASCII and that they're all there.  Check the MANIFEST file for what's supposed to be in there.

Nick Hendler

#3 08-09-2002 13:27:55

>Make sure that all the files
>in ./cgi-bin/dbi were uploaded in
>ASCII and that they're all
>there.  Check the MANIFEST
>file for what's supposed to
>be in there.

All the files are there and were uploaded in ASCII.  Still getting the error.

#4 08-10-2002 08:18:39

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The DBI error you were receiving is because by default the program attempts to use a compiled version of DBI if it can locate one on your server.  The compiled version you have is not running correctly (it's missing files or modules, or something).  The only thing we did to fix this was edit the line:

$ENV{DBI_PUREPERL} = "1";

To read:

$ENV{DBI_PUREPERL} = "2";

In the file:

./cgi-bin/ccp5/library/common/initialize.pl

What that basically does is forces the use of a pure perl version of the DBI in your ./cgi-bin/library/modules dir (value #2) instead of try the compiled version first (value #1).  While using a pure perl DBI you will not be able to connect to any advanced db like MySQL.

That said, once your hosts fixes the DBI install on your server, you can switch that value back to '1' and it should work fine.

Nick Hendler

Board footer